Chapter 2

Lotor P.O.V.
I guided the princess through the base as I explained her schedule for the day. I told her that she would be shadowing me as I went through my work so that she could get to know the protocol. She simply nodded as I led her to a wide door that opened into the hangar.

Many Galra turned at the sound of the door and saluted, I nodded and walked past them with Allura at my side.

"First I have to check up on the ship production and upkeep." I explained to her as we reached an array of Galra fighter ships.

"Would you like me to simply watch?" Allura asked with a low-key bored look in her eyes. I could obviously tell that this was not exciting to her, but the task at hand was not for me to amuse her.

"Yes please, and I promise after we deal with these affairs we can do something more to your liking. You like to swim, right? We can go to the gym later, they have a large pool there along with training mechanisms, so you can do what ever you want." I informed her quickly before turning to an approaching Galra.

"Is this the ship report?" I asked the soldier with a polite smile. The Galra man nodded and handed me a 'tablet' (as the paladins call them) with the stats on the production and maintenance of our ships. I thanked the man as he saluted and walked away back to the array of space crafts.

"Okay, I guess that since I have this we can head to the training area and I can work while you check out the equipment. Does that work for you Princess?" I suggested with a genuine smile.

"Yes that seems much more enjoyable, good thing me room isn't too far, I should head back to change." She said looking at me with a hint of mischief in her smile. 'God she's going to take forever on purpose, isn't she?' I thought to myself sadly as I nodded and motioned my arm to let her know she could start walking.

I followed her calmly back to her door with my arms hung loosely at my sides.

"Lotor why don't you go head to the training area and I'll catch up after?" She said as she turned to look at me.

"Well, you don't know where it is. And I also have to escort you around today, remember?" I told her as I looked at her beautiful Altean markings. She really was one magnificent being. She was concerned and polite. She was beautiful and strong. She was--"LOTOR!?"

I snapped back to reality at the sound of my name on her lips. She looked slightly annoyed, her lips now pressed together gently. She looked at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry Princess, I zoned off. What were you saying?" I apologized frantically as I raced my hand through my hair stressfully. Allura looked at me and rolled her eyes with a smile.

"I was saying that you're right, but I think you should go back to your quarters as well, okay?" She repeated looking at me with her beautifully decorated eyes.

"Yes that sounds like a fair enough arrangement." I agreed with a smile and polite nod. She smiled back warmly and turned, showing that it was time to part for some time. I turned as well and waited for her door to close. After I heard the door I quietly walked to the door right next to it and entered my room. Its weird that I planned the room arrangements this way, but I feel the need to be close to her. I feel like she is the only thing keeping me sane after killing my father and taking control of the empire.

I looked around my room which was uniform to all the other rooms, with the dark colors, dark bed and covers, but there was a door leading to my bathroom on my right and another door that I hadn't dared to reveal. The door leads to Allura's room, but I didn't want her to know that just yet so I kept it locked for the time being.

My bathroom was also uniform with the same large shower, tub, shower wall, and sink and counter. Everything was the same.

I glanced at my neatly made bed (thanks to the maids that come by every so often) and walked over only to drop myself heavily onto it with a loud sigh. 'Allura, why am I pushing this away while, at the same time, trying to pull you closer to me?' I thought as I looked over to the unopened door. The door that gave me the option to lock it and walk away, or open it and walk in.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Hey!!! Yes, I am back! I know this chapter is a bit shorter then the last, and I am so sorry to those of you who have been waiting and asking about the update, but I had to deal with a lot of things like bringing my grades up in school and such. BUT I promise to try not to let my personal problems get in the way of the story! So I hope you guys liked the chapter and please (as always) don't forget to like the chapter, share the story, and leave a comment if you have anything to say! Well that's all I got for now! I'll see all of you in the next update!❤

~Emmy