Chapter 6

Lotor P.O.V.

I don't know why I did it, I just did. I knocked on that door without thinking about what would do next. I thought I might as well tell her what had occured, what had to happen.

I stood at the door for a few minutes in my black 'basketball' shorts I had from Shiro and a white undershirt like top, just thinking about what to say if the door opened, until I heard a knock back from the other side. I was stunned. She was probably waiting for something, so I turned the doorknob and cracked the door open. It opened out into her room, so I had no way of hiding behind it. I didn't see anything through the crack, and so I pushed my luck farther and opened the door more. Now it was about halfway open and I did see something. I saw Allura standing, holding the other knob as if she had been pulling the door open while I pushed it. She was looking at me in surprise as her beautiful face tinted itself a vibrant pink. Then I noticed that she was wearing something I never expected to see her in; she was wearing extremely short, light blue shorts and a pink 'bra' is what I think they're called.

And I turned a dark pink.

"U-u-um...h-hello Al-l-lura..." I sputtered as I diverted my eyes to look towards my hands which were now shaking madly. She was silent for a while, which made me even more scared for what she was going to say.

"Lotor why were you on the other side of that door?" Was all she said. I looked up at her and took a deep breath, preparing myself for what I knew had to be said.

"Because, princess, that is where my chambers are located. But I came over here to tell you that our meals and training sessions have been cancelled until further notice." I said as formally as I could without stuttering. She looked terrified, as if I had just told her the whole team of Voltron had perished, but she was upset because I was leaving her and that made my heart feel as though a blade had just torn through it and left it in shreds.

"L-Lotor, why!? I'm sorry if I did anything to make you upset with me! I just wa-" I cut her off, taking her hands into mine and looking into her vibrant, usually happy eyes.

"Its not because of anything you did, princess. I must travel to the other side of the universe for an important mission to further unite my empire. I have to show them that I am truly the new leader the Galra need." I told her and looked down at our hands. "I do not know how long I will be gone, but I hope it will not be too long."

She stared at me, "Why can't you take me with you, Lotor? I just want to be with you. I don't want to be alone." My heart stopped, she probably didn't mean it the way I hoped, but I wanted to believe she wanted me to stay because she might have developed the feelings for me that I have always had for her. I wanted her to come along as well, but that could not be done.

"I'm sorry, but you cannot come with me." I said softly, retreating my hands back to my sides. "It is a matter that I must handle by myself, as emperor. I'm truly very sorry, Allura."

"If you won't be here with me...who will? Please don't make me stay by myself the whole time, Lotor!" She spoke sadly. I looked her in the eyes. She was crying.

Because of me.

Allura moved her self backwards to her bed, and sat down. She held her face in her hands and cried, like I wasn't there. Now I must admit that it wasn't a full on break down, but I couldn't stand the fact that I caused her to cry. I didn't know how to handle the situation, so I only said one thing.

"You may have one of the Paladins over in my stead, but only one at a time. You cannot have two or more, and you must not tell them where I've gone or what we have discussed here. But I must prepare to go now. Goodnight, I will plan breakfast for us before I shall leave tomorrow." And then I walked over to her, on her bed. I was barely holding back tears of my own, I didn't want to leave her either, but it had to be done. I lifted her head to face me, it was tear stained already.

"Promise me you'll come back soon." Was all she said. I smiled, lifted her up off the bed by her shoulders and embraced her. I wasn't going to let go until I had enough of her warmth to get me through the long, cold isolation I was destined to face. And she held on too, like the universe was falling away, like it was only us.

"I think you should get some sleep now, princess. I will make sure to see you tomorrow." I whispered to her, then I let her go, reluctantly walked back through the connecting door between our rooms and shut it behind me. I sighed and let myself fall face-first into my mattress. I guess this was a good thing, if I had just left without telling her she would have taken the news worse.

I was restless that night, I had many dreams. Each worse than the last. All about the same thing; leaving Allura and never being able to return. I woke many times, I was sure I had screamed multiple times as well. I was scared, and that feeling of fear was the thing that scared me the most. Knowing that after tomorrow I may never see the only one I loved ever again, I only had visions of terror and of Allura's face in pain. The pain of being told you could never walk through the door again, that you could never see the person who mattered the most to you. But this was a dream, so I knew she wpuld never act that way if I really did disappear in space. She has Voltron, she wouldn't even notice when I was gone, would she?

I finally fell asleep at some point, this time without dreams, just one thing echoing in my mind.

I just want to be with you...Promise me you'll come back soon.

Don't worry, Allura, I'll come back...I'll make sure I don't die, just so I can see you again.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Hey guys.....sorry for not updating in a.......LONG while. I hope you all understand that I just have had a lot of stress pinned on me and I hope you all want to keep reading, I still love this book and intend to keep writing it. Just to ask, how many of you still read this? If you read this either like or comment. Tell me how you like the story so far, or just tell me something in general. I love to hear from all of you! Well I think I've talked enough...so BYE GUYS!!!

P.S. this chapter is dedicated to Lupine_Phoenix for being such a good friend!<3

~Emmy❤