The Ocean Meets Its Shore

Ocean and I pushed through the crowd to get closer to the stage. He kept hold of my hand to be sure I was right behind him. I groaned jokingly.

"Kirsten, you love me, so this shouldn't be too bad. We're going to have a lot more fun once we get up there," he assured me.

We finally got to our place before the concert started and began jumping around, having more fun than I thought we would.

"Isn't this great?" Ocean yelled to me although he was right beside me.

"So much fun!" I answered.

The concert was soon over, but we were both so hyped that it didn't seem like it was going to go away any time soon.

After the concert, we waited until many of the other people were gone. "This is going to be even more fun than the concert, Kirsten!" Ocean exclaimed.

"Are you sure about that? How can tonight get better?" I asked, unable to believe him.

"Come on, we're meeting the band!" Ocean tried to convince me. I semi-agreed and waited with him.

The band came out after everyone without VIP passes had left. Ocean grabbed my hand and took me over toward the members. Us, along with many others that had passed, swamped the members.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe this is happening. I'm so glad you brought me here. Ocean, I love you so much," I told him, smiling.

"What did you just say?" he asked.

"Oh, come on, O. You know what I said. But for you, it'll be the only thing I say for the rest of my life. I love you, Ocean, and I always will."

He smiled, leaned toward me, and kissed me, and one of the band members interrupted.

"Look at this beautiful couple here! It's adorable!" He exclaimed at us. Ocean and I pulled away from each other and started laughing.

"Thank you," we said at the same time. Again, we laughed, and I noticed that I never laughed more with anyone else except Ocean.

"This is Kirsten. I'm known as Kirsten's boyfriend because that's all I care to be," he introduced himself to the band members.

We struck up a conversation with them and got to know them a little better. It wasn't long before we were laughing like Ocean and I always laugh.

"How are you two not married? You're so good together, and you're basically the same person," another band member realized and informed us.

"Well," Ocean looked at me and dropped to the floor. My hands flew over my mouth as he said, "Kirsten, I know for sure that you are the person I want to spend he rest of my life with. You're the shore to my ocean; I'll always come back to you, and I'll never be too far away. Kirsten, will you marry me?"

I didn't need to answer; I just kissed him, and the members of the band clapped for us.