Broken Boy

(Mark's POV)

Jack and the others helped me get settled in and Jack told me to take a couple weeks of rest before I start work. So, I pretty much spent the day looking around the place.
They had a big pool, a workout room, three bathrooms, and seven bedrooms. There were still a couple of rooms left, since Mia & Greyson and Luca & Julie were together. I wished I had someone too...
Once Jack and the others came home that night, most of them went to their bedrooms. But not Jack. He stayed in the kitchen and wanted to talk to me.

"So," he smiled, getting a drink. "What'd ya do all day?"
"Just looked around," I sighed.
"...You okay?"

I shook my head. He came over and sat next to me.

"What's tha' matter," he asks.
"I just feel alone," I begin, tears starting to form.
"Ya have us."
"I know, but..."
"Is it because you've seen the others in relationships and ya just got out of one?"

I nod.

"I know how that feels," he tells me. "I had a boyfriend before, and he left me fer someone else... I felt alone fer a long time until I bought that club and made friends with them."
"I just miss the feeling of human warmth beside me..." I sigh.
"Well, don't miss him in particular. He hurt you fer his own gain. Ya didn't need him, and he didn't deserve ya."

I smile up at him. He sure knows how to make someone feel better.

"Thanks, Jack," I smiled.
"No problem," he grins. "I have tuh' do it fer them sometimes. I feel like a father takin' care of six kids..."
"Well, they do act like it."

We both laughed at that. After a while, we both retired to our rooms, and I threw off my shirt and just laid on my bed. I went through my Instagram feed. I then saw a picture of Ace with his new boyfriend...
I'd completely forgotten to block him on social media. I did so and laid down. I couldn't help but cry, seeing how happy they looked... Yet I was breaking, alone on this bed. This hurts so bad...

(Jack's POV)

I was goin' tuh' my room, when I heard... cryin'? I walked down tha' hall tuh' figure out it was Mark... He must still be upset over his breakup.
I slowly opened his door tuh' see his face covered in both fresh tears and dry tear lines. I hated tuh' see him like this. Tuh' be truthful... In these last few hours, I've developed a huge crush on him.
He was kind, smart, sweet, funny, and an amazin' dancer. I couldn't stand there anymore. I need to help him.
So, I slowly opened tha' door and walked in. Mark saw me and quickly wiped his face of any fresh tears.

"Yes, Jack?" He smiled, fakin' it. 
"Mark, I know somethin's wrong," I begin. "Is it about Ace again?" 

He stayed quiet for a minute until he just burst out cryin'. He covered his face in embarrassment as he cried his eyes out. I hugged him tightly, assurin' him it'd be okay. 

"Ya don't need him," I say. "He was toxic and horrible tuh' you. Yer better off without him, and better with us. With me..." 

I instantly regretted that. 

"Wait," he began. "You... You like me?" 

I sat there, blushin'. I couldn't even stare him in the eyes and say it. But, I saw him smile at me. 

"To be truthful," he grinned, blushin'. "I... I like you too." 
"Well... do you...?" 
"Yes, I do." 
"That was easier than I thought..." 
"But what about the others?" 
"Eh, they've been tellin' me tuh' find someone who makes me happy fer a long time. And now I have, so they can stop naggin' me about it." 
"So you wanna tell them now?" 
"Only if you want to."

He got up, wiped his face of any leftover tears, put on a shirt, and followed me downstairs. We held hands and saw everyone in tha' kitchen.
Luca and Milo were cookin' somethin' and the other four were at the table. As we entered, they all looked at us, then at our hands. Fer a split second, it was silent... Then their squeals filled tha' house as they ran up tuh' us. 

"Oh my gosh!" Mia smiled. "I'm so happy for you guys!" 
"Yeah," Luca grinned. "We've been waiting the last two weeks for you two to get together." 
"Uh-huh," Julie agreed. "I saw a connection between you two as soon as you met." 

Mark and I blushed as we looked at each other. But my main worry was how tha' club patrons would treat him or what they would try tuh' do.
He's young, and has no idea how horrible some patrons can be. And with him bein' new, they'll be really intrigued, so I need tuh' be careful with him. I promised meself tuh' protect him as best as I could. And I would do my best tuh' keep that promise...