Chapter 10: Crying will solve nothing, but a secret plan will

Author's note: Before I start, I want to give a big thank you to everyone that comments and likes every single chapter. It really inspires me to finish this fanfic. I will finish this story, even if it takes me to college!

~~~

"Am-m I-uh just so...so... pa-tin-ec?!" He takes another swig of wine with tears streaming down his face. The woman hasn't been gone for 2 hours yet and he is a complete mess. I can hardly understand what he is trying to say under the accent, the alcohol, and tears.  Even though I do think he is acting "pa-thet-ic," I can't help, but feel a little guilty for his tears. I jump up on the table he is sitting at so won't feel completely alone.

"yoo still careh *sniff* about meh?" He pets my head as he wipes away his tears. It's strange to see someone you quarrel with every day become this helpless. I use to wish I could see France this weak, but my guilt overpowers my spite for him. I rub my face against his hand to show my affection.

"I miss hime," he buries his face in his hands and beings to cry again. "I miss hime so much." I don't want to watch him cry anymore and I don't know how to show my sympathy. I decided to look at anything else in the room to give him some privacy. That left me with the option of staring at the window until he wanted to pet me again. 

After a minute of crying, he says to me in French, "Would you like to see what's outside?" I turn to watch him catch his balance as he awkwardly stands up. He opens the window I was staring out of and looks up towards the stars. I jump on the window seal, patiently waiting for his dramatic speech of why he's crying. "When she said she was getting married, it made me think of the days when everyone would say England and I fought like a married couple. I miss those days when our passion could spark fires which fueled our wars. I miss those irate eyes, burning with an urge to keep me to himself. Nowadays, his light has burnt out and the only desire he has is for my disappearance." The tears came flooding back.

I never knew he felt that way about me. I guess I have been too harsh on him and maybe I was more passionate in my youth. 

"I can't believe he is gone. I will never get to show that dirtbag how much that he means to me. I will have to die alone with the knowledge of my love never loving me back."

I can't bear to see him lose another tear on me. I knew what I had to do to make this story right! I was going to go down to Norway's house. He's going to give me the potion. I am going to turn back human. I will show France that I am alive so he won't be sad. This full proof plan was going to be executed tonight! I will wait for him to fall asleep, then I'm goin......

...wait a minute...

Who's he calling a "dirtbag"?

France sits back at the table and I hear him yawn. "Oh well, at least I still have you."

I think it's completely rude he would call me that, right in the middle of me deciding I would make him feel better. I look at his tired and emotional body on the table from the window. I was going to give him a lick on the cheek before I left, but I guess he doesn't deserve it!

~

I ran for a couple of kilometers before hopping on a boat sailing north. I should have eaten something before I left because my starving body was not going to survive the Nordic cold for long. I tried resting my body to conserve energy. When the boat landed, I kept running north.

It didn't take long for the sun to come up and my stomach pain arose with it. My stomach felt like it was digesting its self, and I was nowhere near Norway's house. Suddenly, my nose smelled a delightful odor. My body followed my instincts, as I followed the heavenly scent. I came across a winter wonderland with the steam coming off a pie in the window. I went up to the door and did my best impression of helpless kitten noises.

Soon enough, someone came to the door.  A welcoming voice said, "Come on in, little kitten. What are you doing all the way up in Sweden? No matter, Papa Finland will take good care of you!"