Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Buddy with Curtis

The Trio stopped in front of a door, Klaus sent a look towards the wizardess, clearly not pleased that she was there also with them. As he removed his cloak he curled his hands and knocked politely, followed by a response beyond the door.
"Come in."
"Excuse us." Klaus called as he pushed his way in, shadowed by Curtis and Idvia. Embrosa seemed to nudge at the wizardess as they entered. Spreading her wings a slight flame sparked from her scarlet feathers.
"Hey! Not inside!" Idvia seemed to reach for the flaming feathers and calmed it instantly. She turned back to see a tall brunette with brown eyes and a tall black haired male with a ponytail and dressed in all black. "Forgive her, she's a bit energetic today..." she mumbled, earning an eye roll from the blond.
"That is a Phoenix, correct?" The man with a blue and gold over cloak mentioned, resting his hand on his chin.
"Yessir." Idvia nodded shuffling her feet. This was the headmaster right?
"Excuse me Headmaster Randolph." Klaus pushed Sigurd slightly forward as he continued. "Forgive us for the trouble, however Sigurd had not received a emblem when he had came to the academy."
Idvia tilted her head, almost confused. She glanced down at her hip to see her emblem embedded on her belt. Why hadn't he gotten one? It was part of the uniform was it not?
"Indeed, I do have your emblem right here Mr Curtis." Headmaster Randolph seemed to snatch the emblem that laid on his desk and handed it to the golden eye ravenette. Sigurd overestimate a kind smile and a 'Thanks' in return. When he reached to grab it, it immediately reacted. A bright glow game from the middle, in almost a blinding light.
"Huh?" Idvia seemed to spot a glow from bellow in her sight and looked down at her own. It gleamed with a light as well, when she noticed it, the dual lights floated up and combined, exploding like a mini firework, glitter floating down. "Wow." She sighed, enchanted by the sight.
"What am unexpected turnout." Headmaster Randolph seemed to smile. "It seems you two are now partnered as Buddies."
"Buddies?" Idvia seemed to question as Klaus scoffed, not amused.
"Did you not read up on the Academy before you came? Here there is a program called 'The Buddy System' where you and your said Buddy must work together." The Goldstein started as the Headmaster continued to explain.
"You and your Buddy share the same fate, thus if you get poor grades your buddy will also be affect and vis versa." He nodded to Sigurd. "Your emblems have decided that you and Mr Curtis will be buddies from this day until you graduate."
Idvia hissed slightly in sympathy for Sigurd. "Forgive me for being your Buddy, however I will try my best not to bring you down." She bowed to Sigurd who seemed to let out small laugh.
"I do not mind. I already see that you will be a hardworking Wizardess. I won't let you down either." He gave a closed eye smile back at the blue haired female. Idvia turned back to the Headmaster as she stated the reason why she was there as well.
"Umm. Headmaster Randolph, I understand I was to come here to discuss keeping familiars or animals with me?" Idvia motioned to Embrosa, who cocked her head as she looked at the Headmaster with her orange eyes.
The Headmaster just seemed to smile. "I see no problem with you carrying for a Phoenix here on Academy grounds." He agreed, however the black haired beside him spoke up for the first time.
"May I ask how you came across such a being?" His gruff voice spoke out as Idvia nodded as she explained what had gone on the week before.
"I was walking around in the nearby forest, collecting auras for my spells..."
"Auras?" Klaus seemed to mutter off to the side as Idvia just continued, ignoring the comment.
"However, I ran into this little fella who seemed to be in the middle of her rebirthing stage. When she was a bit smaller without her scarlet feathers, she seemed to crawl onto me. I was intending to keep her safe as she grew her feathers back in a couple days however when I offered to release her, she just stayed. When two days later I got my acceptance letter." She stared looking to Embrosa. "That's why she's small for a Norma size Phoenix."
The black haired professor seemed to nod, still keeping the stern look on his face. "I see."
Headmaster Randolph seemed to observe Embrosa as he finally clapped his hands, gaining the attention of all three students. "I assume you three are off to your dorms now? I'm curious to see on what's to come for this year." He gave a smile, something mysterious behind it. "I'll be looking forward to how you prevail at the Gedonelune Academy. Do your best, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions."
"Thank you for my Emblem once again, Headmaster Randolph." Sigurd hooked his emblem to his cloak before preparing to put it back on when the trio left the room. The three looked at each other when Klaus turned towards Idvia, eyes narrowed.
"What were you talking about in there, about Auras." He seemed to accuse her of something as the Wizardess sent a smirk back.
"You'll just have to see tomorrow if you're so curious! I'll blow your mind." Idvia seemed to turn to Sigurd and bowed. "I look forward to being your buddy! I hope for you to help guide me when I get lost, and I'll help you when you do!" She smiles as she pulled out a piece of paper. It showed a map, as she glanced over it to see the dorms.
"Alright! Let's go Embrosa, we need to meet up with our new roommates!" Idvia seemed to vanish as she dashed down the hallway, Embrosa flying behind her. Klaus scowled at the Wizardess as Sigurd seemed to watch on with a spark of curiosity.
"That women will be more of a pain. I assume she is in our class as well..." Klaus grumbled as he started to storm off. "I need to speak with Alfonse, as much as I hate doing so."
"Idvia seemed energetic and fun, there is no need to deny it." Sigurd followed after him on their way to the Prefect's office. "Only been here for half a day and things are already looking brighter."