Back Before

There once was a time when we didn’t have to hide. Back before we got lost in the lies we have been living. A time when we could be princesses, unicorns, and astronauts back when our possibilities were not limited by our popularity. Back before we were forced to grow up. As children, we think to have been blind to race, religion, gender, and love. Children are not blind they see it clearer than any of us, they see each other. Children do not see color they are taught to see color, they do not see gender it is forced upon them the minute they enter this world, children do not see religion it is chosen and instilled in them by parents whom they only know to trust. As children, we could see clearly but now in age, our vision has grown blurry. Because before we never had to worry about not being accepted, but now there is no one without a mask. We build walls and hide behind masks so not to risk getting hurt but in doing so we are only hurting ourselves. Pretending to be something we’re not for so long that the mask is now apart of us that we can never forget. For better or worse. Now use to our cloudy vision we have forgotten what the world looked like back before, so while we are trying to teach our children of the world we don’t even realize that we are beginning to tainting their sight. THIS CYCLE MUST END! But the sad truth is we know, no other way to live and are too scared to share our dreams to change when they appear. So how can you stop a cycle that is our very way of life?