Chapter Thirty-Two

"I'll always be yours." 

  A week later...  

I stared out the window of the Escalade. Trees and trees and even more trees lined the road. Snow was falling again just like the days prior.

We were headed to Stratford to go dress shopping. Winter formal was on Saturday and Headmistress was granting permission to the girls and guys to travel to Stratford for the past week.

I was with the girls. We had left around noon after Combat Training on Friday and had managed to snack on some granola bars and I had grabbed a Vitamin Water before leaving the Academy. We still had forty five minutes to go and the guards snuck glances through the rear view mirror to look at us.

Logan had her thrown back against her seat with her eyes closed. Taylor and Angelina were too busy on their phones.

Justin had asked me to Winter Formal in his own special way of course. He had to incorporate his fire in it. He had taken me to the waterfall and I noticed there were tiny candles forming the word 'FORMAL?' with a heart underneath. Justin tapped a small flame onto one candle that skipped to all the others, lighting it up perfectly.

Immediately saying yes, I jumped on him and he instinctively held me up by butt. He's got a thing for it.

We finally made it to Stratford and Angelina was the most excited one of all.The guards were ordered to keep an eye out on all times. One was to chaperone us and the other was to be on watch for anything suspicious. Taylor told me it was just protocol.

The girls and I went into this boutique that seemed to have racks and racks of dresses of every color length, and type. We separated and started skimming racks until I found three dresses that caught my attention. One of the girls working there offered me a dressing room and I followed her.

The first dress was black with rhinestones on the bust it was nice but it didn't scream out to me. The next dress was champagne and had sparkles scattered along the bodice. It had straps intersecting in an 'X' at the back but it also didn't impress me.

The last dress was pure white with a wide bead and crystal band at the waist and a sweetheart necklace. It reminded me of the Greek godess Athena. Turning slightly I saw that it hugged every curve perfectly and the skirt was flowy.

This is it. I told myself. I took it off and placed it on the hanger.

Exiting the dressing room, I saw the girl and she smiled at me. noticed the dress I was holding onto and said, "Good choice, it'll make your eyes pop."

I nodded at her. "Your friends are still looking, but I can ring you up if you're ready."

I let her lead me to the register where she rang me up and I offered her my debit card. She placed the dress effortlessly in a plastic bag. A few minutes later Logan and Taylor found their dresses which left Angelina in search for hers. We went in search for her and found her in the dressing room with her jeans on and bra on, she had her hands on her hips and her eyes were narrowed at two dresses. One was pale orange simple but chic and the other was light yellow with a jewel encrusted bodice.

"Why is this so difficult?!" She huffed, continuing to stare at both dresses.

"Try them one and we'll try to help you decide." Taylor offered and Angelina nodded. She closed the door and a minute later she emerged with the orange dress. It was nice but it didn't scream her. We all shook our head but when she appeared in the other dress we all clapped. That was the dress, her dress. She twirled in it and we saw the back cut that landed mid back. It was perfect for her. I knew Carter wouldn't be complaining neither would Jonathan and Dex. Or even Justin.