Sad Story

*My friend needed me to write something short for school and I thought this was too inappropriate for school so I thought why not put it here.* 

   This isn't for the lighthearted. It's about a girl that didn't know her father. However 14 years after he left his family behind, he walks right back in wishing for a place in their sober hearts.

   Sadly, his was far from sober. He had a massive drinking issue that never quelled and when they tried bringing it up to him when he made his attempts at coming back before, he'd deny it all and say he just had a lot to deal with. He was also the worst pathological liar. You'd see right through everything he said with just a sour gleam in his eyes. He could never help anyone but himself.

   That's why when this poor girl heard the news on her first day of senior year in Lakeside High school; she wanted to run till her track star legs could carry her.

   She had a lot going for her but when her mother told her after track practice that he had shown up at their house, she was devastated. She hadn't told anyone but her beloved boyfriend of her past. It was very harmful to her to recall the drunken beatings he'd supplied. She could never forget the one time he kicked her across the living room for spilling his beer.

   She was 19, on the road to a good college and earned a scholarship in track and cross country. Yet, she had to leave it behind when her dad–more like a birth giver because a dad is much more caring– decided to bust into her and her mother's house and start beating her poor mother to take him back into the house. The police thought the best thing to do was lock him up in a cell for the night but not put him on trial for domestic abuse.

   Ah, the judicial system working its wonders yet again. It works in mysterious and unfair ways. Let's discuss her name, shall we? Her name is Amber and her mother is Julianne. The father shall remain nameless till the end which isn't too far.

   Julianne thought the best idea was to move a town over. Ambers scholarship wouldn't transfer from schools, her boyfriend left her for her best friend he'd been having a 'frisk' with before, and to top it off the school she moved to didn't have nearly enough funding for a track team.

   To say it was horrid and cruel was an understatement. This town was 2 hours away from her previous one and it created a deal of space from her alcoholic father. This once calm and content girl was so enraged at the man who brought her into the world, that it was safe to say she wish it was his brother who married her mom.

   If only her story could get any better, it had gone from 100 which is a basically perfect and a dream life for Amber, to a straight 10 because all she had left was her mom. Everyone at Lakeside laughed at her fiasco with her boyfriend, saying she was dumb to not notice, so she didn't even have any friends.

   This town is called Millville, it's not too popular but not too unknown, either. A poor place, it smells of poverty, even. She thinks this is the lowest things could possibly get. When she starts school in the new town, people avoid her due to sick rumours already going around. Saying that her dad was a drug dealer. Saying she cheated on her boyfriend. Even some whispers and snickers of her mother being a prostitute. It got much worse when a guy had shoved her and called her despicable things, basically shouting out insults and teachers did nothing. She went on her day and presumed that it happened so much that teachers don't do anything anymore.

   If it weren't for her deadbeat 'dad', she could have her somewhat normal life. She doubts ever being with her boyfriend after finding out the sick truth with her best friend. It all feels cliche, though. She waits and waits, months pass by of torment from the new school that she doesn't realize that someone has been following her to every class she goes to. A tall guy, looks around her age, maybe a year or two older. She thought he was attractive and was very flirty with their few encounters. His name was James. When she came to school on the last day before spring break, he had decorated her locker in dorky sneakers stickers and track stars pictures she's loved ever since elementary when she found her love for the sport. It seems all surreal when this guy gives her the world in such a short time.

   That feeling vanishes after she comes home to her father brutally beating her mom, violently screaming 'You took her from me before I could get better'.

   Her mother didn't survive the severe damage to the skull and her father was sentenced to 10 years and rehabilitation. She thought of the terrible things that happened and thought that James wouldn't care for her poor and sad life anymore. And so she ended it all with a bottle, and pills.

   Ten years later her father, Justin, had sobered up extensively and made a new family, forgetting the previous one ever had been real.

And this was a sad story of how cruel people never get justice served to them.