Chapter 11

BELLA AND JACOB

    CHAPTER 11

    JACOB P.O.V

    “What do you mean?” I asked into the phone. Seth had called me freaking out about something.

    “Vampire’s.” Was all he said. I could tell he was running to somewhere. Or from something.

    “What about them?” I asked.

    “The Cullens caught a scent when they went to check on your house.” He said. I could hear other voices around him. “They were inside.” My eyes went wide. Bella was still sleeping. It was really late in the afternoon and we would be leaving tomorrow but I’m thinking we are going to need to cut our trip short.

    “Shit. I’m heading home as soon as possible.” I said. I knew Bella would be upset but this was something she knew she was getting into. I quickly picked up the clothes that we all  over the room and house. I picked up the empty bottles of soda and empty bags of chips and threw them away. Bella said she had hired a maid to clean the house before her parents came home in a few days. I picked up what I could before going back to her. “Bella.” I shook her.

    “What?” She turning her head to not see the light coming from the window.

    “We have to head home. Everyone is in trouble.” I said. She turned over and sat up.

    “What kind of trouble?” She asked trying to stay calm.

    “Vampires.” I said. She shot out of the bed. She quickly helped me get our bags packed. Throwing randoms clothes into random bags. “I’m sorry we had to cut it short.” I said as we got into the car and headed to the airport.

    “Not like we had anything planned my tomorrow.” She said somehow staying calm while holding my hand.

    “I guess.” I was driving faster than I should have been. We nearly ran to get the next available flight back to Forks. We waited about two hours until they called our flight. I was more than ready to get home and kill some vampires.

    *EDWARD P.O.V*

    “What do you want me to do, Alice? It’s not like I can drive down there and get them!” I said a little panicked. When I went to check on Bella and Jacobs house I could smell vampires. I could smell it all over the house. They were close. Not sure how they could possibly not want to throw up, if they could, the smell.

    “I don’t know! But she cannot lose another baby!” She said. I stopped my pacing and looked at her.

    “What?” I asked.

    “Edward, she’s pregnant.” Alice said. “She’s almost two weeks.”

    “Oh God.” I said before I heard their car on the driveway. I could hear them talking, Jacob trying to keep her calm. She was worried about Charlie. She always was. Jacobs thoughts were mostly jumbled. He was panicking.

    “They are here.” Alice said. I rolled my eyes at her. We all knew that. Emmett and Rosalie were at Bella and Jacobs house right now watching it to see if anyone came back. Alice and Jasper were here with me and Esme and Carlisle were talking to Sam. Bella let herself in.