Zayn Malik

For Charice:

“I can’t believe this happened,” you told Harry, sitting on the hospital chair in the waiting room with your face in your palms, worrying about your fiancé of five months, Zayn. You don’t know what’s wrong with him, you’re terrified, more like petrified.

“It’s okay, love,” Harry told you, rubbing your back trying to comfort you. You lift your head from your palms, and look around to see if there’s a doctor around. You started to stand up to find one before Harry pulled you back on the chair.

“They’ll come to us. Charice just relax love, you’re tensed up,” Harry told me, trying to calm you. Harry’s like a brother to you, always been there for you through your breakups with Zayn, through the drama, the tours, everything. You loved him like your big brother.

You leaned on Harry’s shoulder as he rubbed through your long hair, trying to calm you. Sooner than later, you started to doze off in a deep sleep.

“Charice, Charice, wake up love,” Harry told you, trying to wake you. Your eyes fluttered open and you noticed a tall, white man with a white doctor’s coat standing in front of you and Harry.

“Hello Charice and Harry,” the doctor greeted both of you, and you shook his hands. “Zayn isn’t in a good condition at all, actually. He has internal bleeding in his brain, and has a fifteen percent chance of living,” the doctor told you, and even before you could process it all, you burst into tears, thinking about losing the love of your life.

“C-can I see him please?” you asked the doctor politely, and he leaded both you and Harry to his room. You turned the knob of the door to notice Zayn in an oxygen mask and needles throughout his arms trying to keep him alive. You walked over near the hospital bed your love laid, and you started to caress his face.

“Harry, can I have time alone?” you asked Harry, and he nodded yes, leaving the room. You sat in the brown chair next to the bed and grabbed his hand.

“Hey, Zayn,” you told him even though he’s asleep on a medicine; it still feels like you’re talking to him. “I remember the first time we met, it was funny. I got front row to your concert and you noticed me remember?” you wiped away a tear from your cheek, and sniffed, “you sung your verse in moments to me, and you made me hyperventilate,” you laughed a little. “At the meet and greet you told me I was beautiful, and my smile was worth wild,” you wiped another tear from your eye, and the memories are rolling back. “Our first date, we went to the top of this hill and you sang me a song you wrote, and it made me cry,”

You started to grip on his hand harder.

“Our first kiss was on a Ferris wheel, and the paparazzi went crazy,” you giggled a little bit, kissing Zayn’s hand once, “or that time we went to the zoo and you were scared of the bear that growled too loudly,” you wipe yet another tear from your eye. All these emotions and memories that are floating in your head are making it even harder than it should be.

“Or when you proposed to me,” you looked down at your engagement ring, smiling, “it was at one of your reunion concerts, and it made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world,” you smile to yourself, remembering the concert like it was yesterday. Zayn got on his one knee in front of the whole crowd of ten thousand people, asking you to marry him; and you saying yes. The crowd went wild and shouted ‘kiss’; and you kissed, making it one of the best kisses of your life.

“Mommy, mommy,” Julie called out, walking into the room.

“Yes dear?” you asked her, wiping away a single tear.

“Is daddy going to be okay?” she asked you with a worried look. You didn’t know how to respond, so you just smiled and she smiled back and walked next to you and Zayn.

“Tell daddy you love him, hunny,” you smiled to Julie, the love of your life, your daughter.

“Daddy I love you!” she told her dad, Zayn, kissing him on his nose leaving you in tears.

“Go head out with Uncle Harry, okay?” you told her, and she obeyed the rule and headed out of the room.

“Zayn, I love you more than anything, and I always will. The last four years of my life have been the best years of my life,” you made your last sentence with a kiss on his forehead, and before you know it, the single line beep on the monitor came on, signaling he has passed. You walked out of the room, tearing with all your emotions running wild.

“Mommy is daddy okay?” your daughter asked.

“Your daddy is in a better place, baby,” you told her, picking her up.

I love you, Zayn & I always will.