Triggered

I woke up slowly, dreams of scattered colors and sounds blurring into the dim room. The night outside bathing the walls in cool light. For a long while I laid there, staring at the paint as I slowly figured out what had happened.

I had forgotten to take my medication, started "over-heating", and then didn't bother to take my medication because "I felt fine" even as I spiraled further and further into a whirlpool that led to another psychotic break.

Rolling over slowly, I saw I was alone in bed again. I could dimly and blurrily remember Miss Lily-Rylee laying down with me and holding me till the pills pulled me down. Now I was just alone in bed.

Scrubbing my face with my hand I sighed, getting up. I got a clean pair of jeans out of the drawer and pulled them on. I thought about it for a second, then put on a light flannel shirt that I'd torn the sleeves off of after one had ripped. I didn't bother buttoning it up. It wasn't like there was anyone around to see me. My stomach ached, telling me I was hungry, so I stretched and headed for the kitchen. The small light-sensitive lights I'd installed kept the hallway and the kitchen dimly lit, enough for me to navigate around. I opened the fridge, pulling out a quick snack, then sat down at the table, slowly eating it as I looked around.

My instincts registered the opening door before my conscious mind, pushing me to my feet, sweeping the chair away in one smooth movement as I dropped into a crouch.

"Sam?" Miss Lily-Rylee said, gasping, her hand coming up to her mouth.

She was topless, only her panties on, coated in sweat, my headset on her head. She was holding a controller in one hand with her hair pulled back into a loose ponytail high up on the back of her head so it arced off of her neck. Her blue eyes were wide, shocked, and I could see a trace of fear in them. She was in the hallway, the door to the computer/gaming room open and spilling light into the hallway.

I closed my eyes, willing my body to relax. I straightened up slowly, letting my arms fall to my side, straightening my legs.

Miss Lily-Rylee waited for my eyes to open before she spoke again. "Are you here? Do you need help?"

I nodded slowly. "I'm here. Just... just an old reaction."

She moved toward me, slowly, her hands at her side, the one without the controller open so I could see it.

"Can I hug you?" She asked softly. When I nodded she stepped forward, putting her arms around me and hugging me gently. "You're here now. With me. I'll hold you."

I put my arms around her, holding her tight.

"You're trembling," She said softly.

"Adrenaline," I told her.

"Where were you?" She asked, her free hand rubbing my back.

"I was here, I just... just reacted. I thought I was alone," I told her. "I'm sorry, Miss Lily-Rylee."

"Don't be. I should have let you know I was still here," She told me. She squeezed me tighter for a moment, then let me go. "I'll be right back, I'm going to get my shirt."

I reluctantly let her loose, and watched her walking back to the game room, admiring her plump little bottom in those t-backs. I leaned against the counter, picking up my glass of kool-aid and sipping off of it. When she came back, she just had her t-shirt on, the cut off sleeves making her look kind of cute to me.

"I logged out," She said, smiling. She held up my pack of cigarettes. "I've been smoking yours."

That made me chuckle. "It's cool."

She came over and leaned against the table with me. She was almost a foot shorter than me, but felt solid, real in a way I can't describe. She leaned her head against my arm and handed me my cigarettes.