A Million Dreams (Part 1)

Pretty Important A/N: Video times ~ Start of the video until 3:05

Hey, guys! I have a couple things I need to explain before you start reading this.

This is like a prequel or a flashback, basically, this isn't Keith's and Lance's story, it's Shiro's and Matt's (For those of you who haven't seen The Greatest Showman, this is about 15 years earlier). As I said in the description, this isn't the whole movie start to finish, just little snippets of it, so this won't necessarily be in order. Basically, it's a bunch of one-shots.

Yeah, Matt is Charity. I was thinking about Allura instead, but Matt just fits a lot better. And I wasn't sure how I was going to do this because or the prejudices of back then, Matt and Shiro would have had to face the judgment of being a gay couple, along with the rich/poor couple. So I made Matt born a girl. Now, I know it completely screws up the Voltron aspect of this story, but I couldn't think of anything else. If someone is somehow able to think of a better alternative, I will totally rewrite this! Just comment if you think of something.

((9/23/2018 edit: I really, really wish I started this after I knew about Adam, dammit.))

That's all! On with the story!

~~~~~~~~~

Takashi stares at the red button-down jacket, imagining a wonderful show full of numerous, unique people with various talents.

He looks down at his worn shoes with holes large enough for his toes to peak out and remembers the show is only a silly, unachievable, little dream.

Takashi's father pulls at the boy's sleeve, dragging him to the train station. Takashi realizes the silly, little dream will only ever be a silly, little dream.

------

Mattea sighs as she squeezes into a corset. She slowly puts on her dress with a practiced ease. She stares at herself in the mirror, feeling as if she was staring at someone else. She studies her long, light brown hair, hazel eyes, and her barely-visible freckles. Mattea jumps in fright when she hears a suddenly knocking.

"Ms. Holt? The etiquette instructor just arrived."

Mattea sighs and replies, "Alright. I'm almost ready!" She quickly fixes herself up one last time, before opening the door and heading to the front door.

She peeks through the peephole in the door and sees her father helping the instructor, Ms. Morris, out of her carriage. Mattea warily eyes Ms. Morris as she daintily glides up the steps to Mattea's mansion. As Ms. Morris greets the doorman, Mattea scurries out of the room. When the front door creaks open, Mattea slips into the room, making it look like she had just arrived into the room.

Mattea walks over to Ms. Morris with the grace of a proper lady, only stumbling once. Unfortunately, Ms. Morris thought otherwise, judging from the frown emerging on her, otherwise stoic face. Mattea glanced over at her father to see him sporting a similar expression. Once Mattea was a couple feet in front of Ms. Morris, Mattea bows the best she can, hoping to make up for her stumble. Mattea looks up and sees Ms. Morris's look of disdain.

Ms. Morris glides past Mattea, "Come to the parlor. Today we shall cover dining etiquette."

Mattea bows her head and rolls her eyes as she follows Ms. Morris to the mansion's parlor, Mattea's father following behind her.

------------

Takashi bounds through the black, metal gate that guards the Holt's grand mansion. He simultaneously stares at the majestic mansion and walks to the steps of the estate. Takashi stops in front of the steps, taking in the richness of the mansion.