Prologue

*****JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW, THIS IS NOT RELATED TO STEVEN'S UNIVERSE. TBH, I HAVE NEVER WATCHED STEVEN'S UNIVERSE AND DON'T PLAN TO. THE CHARACTERS IN MY STORY ARE. JUST. CHARACTERS. THANK YOU! (And no offense to SU fans)*****

Pearl was...well, let's say that there were none like her. Sure, there was Ruby, Diamond, Topaz, and all those other gems, but she was different. She didn't have a faceted, clean, cut like the others. She was smooth, and round. Yes, she came in different colors, but she was black. Not the eye-grasping, astounding, bright colors of the azure blue like Sapphire. Or the soothing lavender of Amethyst. Also, Pearl was vulnerable: her weakness is Acid. Any type of Acid. Wine, Juice, Vinegar, Chlorine. Why couldn't she be more like the others??

Opal, her only friend, was willing to be there for her. Opal was creamy like her, un-glass-like and translucent. (Pearl wasn't translucent) unlike Pearl, though, Opal was not teased and mocked by the other gems, like Pearl. Opal was iridescent, changing color in the light. From orange, to blue, to purple and green! Although Pearl was also iridescent, she was dark and 'dirty,' as Diamond, the leader of the "gang" would always call her. 'Dirty and worthless,' he'd say.

216 words.