zero.

"Good morning, beautiful."

Sunlight was shining through the semi-transparent curtain of her small home's bedroom, creating a soft glow within the cluttered room that made her smile. Constance Graves slowly opened her eyes at the feeling of someone all-too-familiar pressing sweet kisses to the back of her bare shoulder. A comfortable warmth spread through her chest and she smiled faintly into her pillow, feeling happy and light with the warmth of the Georgia sun on her face. "Morning, Dustin," Connie smiled, finally opening her bright blue eyes.

Her fiancé, Dustin Pincher, stared at her with a soft smile on his face as he pressed another kiss to her forehead. His dark skin looked as if it were glowing in the light, and his deep brown eyes were like liquid gold as he looked at her with what could only be described as complete and utter devotion. "Do you want me to get you breakfast, baby?" he asked her sweetly, warm hands on her sides, and she rolled over to stretch out her arms and back.

It was strange for him to be in her bed again, as it was the fourth time they'd gotten engaged since knowing each other; but something always got in the way, and it never worked out. But even in the ten years of struggles and fights and frustration and hostility, they always came back to each other, and they felt that was what mattered. But looking at him, she couldn't understand why things refused out.

She never could. "No, I'll grab something on my way to work after I drop Holly off at school," Connie yawned as she sat up.

Part of her wished she could just lay in that bed with him forever and never have to leave and just relish in the peaceful serenity that always appeared in mornings like this, but she knew she couldn't. Her daughter needed to be at school in an hour, she had to make it into the shop and Dustin had a long day of construction work ahead of them, so there was no time for day's off. Especially if they were planning to buy a bigger house after their court-house marriage.

She pulled her pajama shirt and pants off the floor and threw them in the hamper before wandering naked over to her dresser. She pulled on a red bra with a matching pair of panties, then grabbed a pair of well-worn blue jeans and old grey tee shirt that V'ed nicely down her chest. Her swirling black tattoos peaked out from the sleeves and collar of her shirt, but her boss didn't mind them.

She truly loved working on cars.

Connie loved it the most because whenever someone asked her profession and she told them, they were always startled; and those expressions never failed to make her day.

"I'll go wake her up," Dustin smiled, pressing a kiss to his fiancé's cheek before wandering down the hallway.

She closed the bathroom behind her and had a quick shower before dressing herself and wrapping a towel around her hair to wring it dry, then dropped it in the hamper. Connie smiled faintly as she slid the engagement ring onto her finger. They were the couple who constantly fought and screamed and made each other cry more times then they'd like to admit. Connie had thrown thing at him, and Dustin had destroyed a motel room the first time they'd broken up. But they always came back to each other.

The hard-wood floors were cold beneath her bare feet as she walked down the hall of their small home and into the kitchen, finger combing her straight brown hair. Their home had just one floor, the small family practically living off of the money Dustin made in construction and Connie's extra money she earned looking after the neighbourhood kids every once and a while, but they made it work.

"Morning momma," the tired voice of her eight year old daughter, Holly, yawned as she shuffled into the kitchen in her pajamas. Connie smiled faintly and pressed a kiss to her Holly's curly head then lifted her sleepy body onto one of the kitchen chairs.