two.

The next morning, Connie had been assigned to taking Glenn's new car apart, along with Jim and Morales. He was less that thrilled, but she'd be damned if she disobeyed Shane.

"Yeah go on, strip it clean, you vultures," Glenn yelled.

Connie turned to face him, a tire in hand and a smile pulling at her lips. "That's what we're doing, Glenn," she chuckled. She heard the man beside him — Rick — let out a quiet chuckle. "Why don't you come help us?"

Connie heard Glenn scoff as she dropped the tire next to the other three, and snickered quietly. "Is Holly awake?" He called. "Carl and Sophia were looking at her."

Connie shook her head. "Amy said she'd watch her and help her with bath, so she's either down at the lake or still in the RV procrastinating," she answered back, wiping her hands on her jeans. Glenn nodded, and Connie went back to pulling his precious car into pieces.

"The generators need every drop of fuel they can get," Dale mused as he walked up to them. "We've got no power without it, sorry Glenn."

Glenn let out a small sigh as Dale patted his shoulder. "I thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days," he muttered, and Connie laughed again.

"Sure, but I'd be driving it before you," Connie told him with a smile.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one some day," Rick offered, patting Glenn's shoulder.

"I think we've got it from here, Connie," Morales told her.

"You sure?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

"I'm sure. I think Holly wants you anyways," he chuckled. Sure enough, she could see Holly frantically waving her arms, a piece of paper in one hand. She let out a quiet laughed but nodded, wiping her hands off on an old rag before tucking the end of it into her back pocket.

"Hey, baby," she chuckled as Holly flung herself into her mothers arms. "Watcha' got there?"

"Amy helped me write my full name!" Holly squealed and waved the paper around again. Connie looked up to where Amy was sitting at the table, smiling.

"Did she really? Let me see." Holly practically threw the paper at her, a wide grin on her face. Spread across the paper was Holly's name. She had written with each letter being a different colour. She could see the letters in the corner that Amy had written to help Holly, and she smiled. It was messy, but Connie had never felt more proud in her life. "It's amazing," she smiled, pressing a kiss to Holly's forehead.

A loud scream pierced the air, and Connie stood up immediately.

"I need you to go back to Amy, sweetheart, don't leave 'til I come get you." She ushered Holly towards the blonde girl, who immediately pulled her into her arms. Connie ran the few feet to the bed of her truck, pulled her lacrosse stick from the end. She had taken the net part off, and now only had the long metal handle.

Connie rolled her shoulders and followed the screams.

She could hear Sophia and Carl screaming for their parents, and she ran faster then she ever had.

Connie arrived first, and immediately pushed the two kids to their parents, who came in shortly behind her. She followed Rick, Glenn and Shane into a small clearing, where she immediately grimaced at what she saw.

There was a walker.

It was hunched over a dear, too focused on eating it to even realize there was anyone there that was alive. Quiet growls echoed from its throat and chest, and Connie curled her upper lip in disgust at the smell.