28

Kamiya

When we got home I saw that Mikah car was in the drive way. I woke up the kids and got them out of the  car and we all went into the house. I heard shouting upstairs and rolled my eyes. I'm getting too old for this bullshit.

I marched upstairs and yanked the door open. I saw Mikah and Jamila standing in front of each other yelling but they stopped once I opened the door.

"I don't know nor care what y'all are arguing about but get the fuck outta my house with the shit. I have kids that have school in the morning and y'all not about to be doing this shit all night." I said

"Ma she keep starting with me." Mikah said

"I already told both of you that y'all grown as hell and I'm not babying y'all anymore. Figure the shit out or break the fuck up." I said before slamming the door shut.

I turned and went to my bedroom. I closed the door and laid on the bed with Cam.

"You need a hug?" He asked

"I need them to grow the fuck up." I said.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I heard from the door.

I looked back and saw all my babies at the door holding gift bags and a cake.

"Aww." I said

"Happy birthday mama." Malaya said

"Thank you baby." I said

They all sat on the bed and I started going through the bags. Anthony and Marcus got me Gucci clothes and a Rolex. The twins made homemade cards that made my heart melt.

I saw one last bag that was all black. I removed the wax paper and looked into it. My heart dropped seeing what was in it. I put the wax paper back into it and smiled at the kids.

"What's that?" Marcus asked

"A gift from your grandpa." I said

"What'd he get?" Cameron asked

"A diamond watch." I said giving him a look. He understood and dropped the conversation.

"Well we gone go to bed." Anthony said

I nodded.

"Love y'all." I said

"Love you too." They said as they walked out and closed the door.

"What's in it?" Cam asked

I passed the bag to him and he looked it. It was a picture of my mother and her husband dead. You could see the bullet wound in her face.

"Miya?" Cam said

"I can't with this." I said wiping my face.

"Baby listen to me. That nigga just tryna break you and he not gone do that. You a strong ass woman and always will be. I'll get this handled." He said

I just nodded. I couldn't move or say anything. I didn't want to either. I just thought about random things.

"Mama look what I did?" My 10-year-old self said running to my mom from the school bus.

"Aw baby it's so cute." She said getting my painting from me.

She held my hand as we walked to our home. When we walked in I saw my little sister watching tv.

"Hey jamila!" I yelled

She turned to me and smiled. She walked over to me the best she could and gave me a hug. She had broken her leg 2 days ago so she was still healing.