First Day

(Y/n) - Your name

I woke up to the annoying noise that came from my small, black alarm clock. I reached over to snooze it, but I kept hitting the flat surface of the side table. Finally, I managed to hit it and it was peaceful again.

I positioned myself again to go back to sleep. Once I found the perfect spot underneath the depths of my heavy blankets, I started to drift away.

"(Y/N)!" I heard which snapped me out of my slumber. I tried going back to sleep until I heard it's repetitive noise again.

"(Y/N)! Get up!" It was the voice of my older brother; Suho. He was an eighteen year old senior in high school. The same one I was in. I was sixteen and a sophomore.

"I am! I am!" I replied back groggily.

I leaned over the side of my bed to grab my alarm clock. Once I picked it up, I saw that it was seven. Shoot! It was the first day of school and I forgot that I planned to meet with my friends at 7:30.  Our school starts at eight, so we had planned to walk together for like the past few weeks.

'That's alright', I thought to myself. I have still have enough time. Plus, we all have those sleep in days right?

I ran to my closet and skimmed though my clothes. I finally decided on a pair of jeans, a plain white shirt, and of course a sweatshirt and my red converse. That was pretty much my main style. Converse and a sweatshirt. My favorite. 

Today's sweatshirt was red and white, so it matched with my shoes; which were my favorite pair by the way.

I put those on as I walked to my bathroom, which was connected to my room. It was small, but still pretty great. I mean, I have an attached bathroom so I'm not going to complain. I did my normal routine which was washing my face, doing my hair, the usual. Afterwards, I put on some light makeup. 

I'm not much of a makeup person, but I do like wearing mascara and some foundation or eye shadow. Usually I just stick with making my eyelashes look good.

Finally, I put on a pair of earrings and my music note necklace which my mother had given me.

Once I was ready to go, I gave myself a look over in the mirror,  then I walked downstairs to get breakfast.

"Morning," Suho greeted. He was wearing a beige shirt and trousers with his hair nicely combed and his glasses resting on his face like normal. He was a pretty good looking guy in general, but he's my brother so saying that makes me wanna puke a little.

"Morning," I replied as I walked to the pantry. We had cereal along with other assortments of food, but I didn't feel like it today. I walked to the counter and simply grabbed an apple.

On some days I'll eat a big breakfast, others I won't eat any. So in reality, it was good for me to even eat an apple. As I walked to grab my water bottle from our cupboards, my brother walked over.

"That's all your having?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he questioned my choice of food.

"Yeah, so," I sassed back as I grabbed my bottle.

"You need something more," he replied while blocking my way. I tried to maneuver around him, but he just moved in my way and wouldn't let me pass.

"I'm fine! Now move so I can get ready!" I shouted as I jumped out of the way of him.

"Aish. You're something," he said under his breath while shaking his head.

I couldn't blame him for acting like a parent. A little while ago, our parents got killed in a car accident. I've been recovering from the grief fine for the most part. I think it's a little harder on my brother though. We didn't really have any others relatives, except our rich uncle. He hates kids though, so we never moved in with him. Instead, we live in the same place we did when our parents were with us. Just Suho and I alone on our own. Our uncle is kind enough to pay for us living here though, so we can't complain much. We never see him though. He also sends us some money every month for food and such. Suho does have a part time job, but it wouldn't pay enough for all of that. Plus, he is really dedicated in his school work because he is working on getting into one of the best colleges in the country.

I filled up my bottle with iced tea, my favorite, then headed up the stairs to finish getting my stuff together. As I was packing my stuff into my bag, I heard the doorbell. I put my backpack down as I skidded down the stairs to the door. The doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Aish, calm down!" I shouted as I ran to the door.

I opened it to find two taller girls my age.

One of them had on grey leggings, boots, and a black sweatshirt. She stood there, and was tallest of us three. She had brown hair with highlights embedded in it. The other one was randomly doing weird dances. She was wearing maroon leggings and a white shirt. She also had white converse on with a black sweatshirt tied around her waist. She had that converse/sweatshirt style like me. She had a darker colored hair that was usually up or in a braid.

"Emma! Ari!" I greeted. They looked over at me, and then Ari stopped dancing. I laughed at her weirdness.

"(Y/n)!" They greeted back. We gave each other quick hugs, then I invited them in.

"Ready to go?" Ari asked wanting to head out to school.

Well, I guess want isn't the right word. It's more like wanting this school year to end already. We haven't even started the first day and I'm not ready.

"Almost. I have to do one more thing!" I stated as I ran up the stairs. They both stayed by the front door and waited for me.

"Seriously? You're never ready!" Emma stated.

"Yeah, yeah. One moment," I mocked as I got to the top of the stairs. I walked into my room and pushed everything else I needed into my bag. Then I grabbed a black hat from my closet, since it was fall now, and a little bit chilly. I put it on, and shut my door.

"Bye Suho!" I yelled, hoping he could hear me. I heard a faint bye coming from his room. I smiled. I hate him, but I love him. Siblings you know?

I ran back down the stairs and said,"Ok. Let's go!"

We opened the door together, and walked into the crisp, fall air.

I hope you guys enjoyed my second fanfic so far. If you haven't read the first one, you should check it out! It's called You Never Know What Will Come Tomorrow. If my friends are reading this, thank you and I'm sorry lol. Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoy.