Chapter 8

Why?

Why was he taking so much interest in these two?

Hoseok doesn't deserve a new body. Yoongi doesn't deserve to be built better then me. I'm perfection.

Must be his perfectionist mind. Always finding new ways to make his vision better then before.

He's been working his scientists to the bone adjusting things for Yoongi's new body. I agreed that he should remove the chip from Hoseok's brain but when he decided to fix his body I grew jealous. If it were up to me I would have terminated him.

But no. My task is to break him. Make him want to work for JK01. It's almost like he knows I don't like Hoseok, a punishment for my hesitation to his question when we spoke to Yoongi, I suppose.

After a month of isolating Hoseok and making him feel like he was responsible for his friend's pain, I finally feel like I might be close to converting him to our cause.

I walked into his cell for daily interrogations right on time.

He was sitting there looking at the wall. Not acknowledging my presence.

"How are you feeling today?" I questioned. A little annoyed knowing today would be the same as the others.

No response.

As expected.

"The repairs you've had to your body. Are you grateful for them?"

Nothing. He just stared blankly at the wall.

"How do you feel about our leader JK01?" To my surprise he looked at me for the first time in two weeks.

"How do YOU feel about our leader?" he almost mocked me.

This was surprising. Even though I had asked him this question many times I had never really thought about it myself.

"He gave me a perfect body. I'm grateful-"

He cut me off.

"Seems like you're just another slave to me."

That statement didn't sit well with me. Not because I disagreed but because he was right. Even though I have a higher position in this lab I'm still just another successful test.

"Why would you think that?" I asked him, curious to know his thoughts on this subject.

"You don't seem to enjoy the tasks he gives you. Do you really think spending time on me is worth it? You seem to be better then this, doing his trash work is below you."

He's right. Even a lowly cyborg like him can see that I'm superior in comparison to JK01.

"Personally, I think you would make a better leader then him. Want to know why?" He perked up.

He wasn't lying. He looked at me unfazed. This behavior seemed more real then previously. I checked my tablet to make sure if his signals were normal.

Every word he spoke was the truth.

"Why" I needed to know.

"You've been torturing me for a long time and I don't even hate you. I RESPECT you. Even though your body is superior to mine we are still the same. I trust you more then... That human." He was still telling the truth, and I agreed with him. Why should I be controlled by someone weaker then me? Cyborgs are the end goal. Why hasn't he changed himself?

Hoseok got to his knees and looked at me with slight hope in his expression.

"Maybe you could do it. Really take over, I mean. There are enough of us to help you, to support you."

What was this feeling? He was praising me and I felt powerful. I like it.

"I don't know if you can prove yourself to the cyborgs that JK01 tortured though..." He trailed off.

"What would convince you that I'm on your side? The cyborg side? Is my body not enough proof?" I said in hushed tones.

He hesitated and thought about it for a moment.

"Let me see him. If you do, I will be loyal to you. And only you. That will convince me that you would be a better leader then him. That you have compassion for your own kind."

I checked again, he was still telling the truth. If all I needed to do was let him see his friend. Then gaining his trust would be very easy.

"I will consider your words."

For a moment he grinned. And then said "Thank you".

I left his cell.

...

Over the next month I planned everything out. If I did everything in the same day. It could work.

Feeling that sense of power made me greedy for more. I'm the one that should be seeing this out. I should be the one giving orders, and having Hoseok on my side would automatically mean the others would follow. They would trust an older model like him. A friendly face.

JK01 is garbage. Just flesh and blood.

I didn't expect that I broke Hoseok to the point of wanting to follow me instead of JK01. But it all fits into my plan of taking over. My need for power.

Tomorrow they will wake Yoongi up.

Tomorrow is MY day.

The end of JK01's control.