Chapter 9

I was lucky that Yoongi was smart enough to implant communication into the bottom compartment of my skull. It's like he knew that even if they altered my body that part of me would stay the same.

When ever I was alone in my cell RM communicated with me. We planned a way to destroy this place. To destroy JK01.

From day one, I tested 004's questions. To figure out how to lie without it being detected. Luckily I knew the build of my body well because eventually I was able to lie without him knowing. I think he fell for it. I could tell his pride was his weakness so I knew I had to use it against him to get out of here, to get to Yoongi.

It's been a month since I told 004 that he should be in charge. I'm sure any day now he would set his plan in motion. He gave me looks as a signal on our daily cell visit, letting me know that he was getting closer to getting me what I asked for.

RM was also planning something. All I had to do, was tell him when I was out of my cell for his side of the plan to begin. RM didn't share these plans with me in case 004 did break me. If that were to happen then everything would be ruined.

All I knew was that he would get Yoongi and I out of this place. Apparently there were some people who survived the ambush at the rebel base so they were hard at work, waiting for my signal. RM also apologized profusely for trying to stop me. I understood though. It wasn't his fault that Yoongi was...

I didn't want to remember. I just had to focus on my side of the plan.

I heard footsteps coming from down the hall and they stopped at my cell door.

The door opened and 004 stood there. "It's time" he said smiling at me.

He had no idea what was going to happen. But neither did I. I followed him, a few steps behind, almost afraid of what RM and his rebels had been planning.

RM do it now!

I signaled in my mind.

There was no reply. Was my signal weak? Was there interference?

"I will let you see him but only for a minute. Then I will need you to come with me to assassinate JK01. Got it?"

"Yes."

"He's in lab 2. Not many people in that area so we should go unnoticed."

"Good" I said to him.

Where are they?

RM? Are you there?

There was still no response and I felt like our plan wasn't gong to work. How could I escape alone? With that thought still lingering in my mind the building shook with a loud sound.

An explosion.

It came out of nowhere through the window. 004 ripped into pieces as I was pushed by the sheer force of it. It was difficult for me to get back up as the building vibrated from other explosions.

I ran.

I need to find Yoongi.

As I ran down the hall I could hear gunshots and saw rebels fighting JK01's guards.

So RM's plan was a complete ambush. I felt like this was an unnecessary amount of violence but considering how hard it is to take JK01 down it was probably the only way.

I finally made it into the second lab. And there he stood. Dark in contrast to the white color of the lab. He was so still. Almost like he was a statue.

"Y-yoongi?" I called out to him.

He didn't move.

I walked towards him. It felt as though he was staring right through me. Like I didn't exist.

More gunfire sounded outside of the lab.

"Yoongi" I said again.

He looked at me in a very robotic way. I knew they would erase his memory but seeing it like this hurt.

"What's your command?" he said to me. I winced at this. What's the point of using his brain if he can't even think for himself?

"Please... Yoongi I know you're in there.... Give me a sign..." I could feel my face twisting with expressions of sadness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't understand your command. Please repeat." They even designed his voice to sound the same as when he was human. But it was so cold. Emotionless.

The doors opened behind me but I didn't look to see who it was.

"Hoseok c'mon we gotta go!" RM yelled at me and fired his weapon down the hall.

"Yoongi please. Come with me."

"My main orders are to stay in this room. I cannot leave this room without permission from the leader."

My hands trembled. JK01 really did perfect his brainwashing techniques.

"Main bombs are in place! Demolition is in 10 minutes!" A deep voice sounded on RM's radio.

"Copy that Tae! ... Jimin is your part done?" RM yelled.

"Afirmative!" A softer and calmer voice replied.

"Hoseok this place is gonna blow we need to leave now!" RM shot at more people down the hall.

I looked at my friend one more time.

"Yoongi, If you don't come with me you'll die."

He stared at me blankly.

"I don't understand your question. Can you please repeat."

I looked to the floor.

He's not in there.

My friend.... My friend died on that chair....

I looked at his face one last time. RM yelling in the background. I gave him a hug for the first time, and the last.

This hug felt empty, not only because there was no reaction from him but because I couldn't physically feel. Another thing JK01 made sure to erase.

"Goodbye..." I said to him

I turned around to leave the lab. RM threw a hand gun in my direction. I caught it ready to use it. He started to run for the exit and I followed. It was an actual war zone here. Body's everywhere, crimson splattered all over the white walls and floors. My heart felt so heavy as I left Yoongi behind.

As I was about to enter the staircase, something grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

I turned my head around.

Yoongi was there. Holding my wrist tightly.

How did he leave- I stopped that thought. One look at his face and I knew.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"Hoseok?"