Chapter 6

Keith's P.O.V

That last memory of Lance's that we didn't get to see is still bothering me. I know that he hasn't had the perfect life I thought he had, but to do that to himself? He is so amazing, and if he can' t see that, I will have to show him that he is. As I am looking at him right now, while he is in the healing pod,  he looks so at peace. I wonder what kind of dream he's having? Earlier, while Lance was explaining a bit of what happened in his past, he looked really tired, like he was going to pass out. And he did, but on the way down, he hit his head pretty hard, and got a big scratch on his arm. We all tried  to catch him before he hit the ground, obviously we failed. Coran says he has a minor concussion, and the cut on his arm wasn't infected, so he will be out in about an hour. Suddenly Hunk comes in looking frantic.

"Why are you all in here? I looked all over the cast..le..." Hunk shouts, but trailing off at the end. "Why is Lance in a healing pod?"

"He fell unconscious." Shiro said "And he hit his head on the way down" 

"Oh" Hunk says "when will he be out?"

"In about an hour" Coran replies. 

Then it's silent.

Time skip brought to you by the green lion

Lance falls out of the healing pod, and I catch him. He smells like the ocean, his hair and skin are soft, and he is surprisingly light. After a few seconds his eyes flutter open, and I get a look at those beautiful eyes that are the same color as the ocean, those same eyes that I could look into for hours. Again I wonder how such a wonderful person could possibly not see how amazing they really are. He looks up at me and it looks so adorable, I just want to squish those puffy cheeks of his. Once he sees who I am, he immediately scrambles up and apologizes. I tell him its fine. 

"Hey Lance, I still need to talk to you" Hunk says.

"Ok buddy, Lets go to your room" Lance replies.

Lance's P.O.V

I follow Hunk, worried that he's going to be super angry at me, especially because he hasn't said anything on the way to his room. Usually he would be talking non-stop, but the silence still hangs over us. When we get to his room he sits on the bed and pats the spot beside him, motioning for me to sit down. So that's what I do.

"Why didn't you tell me everything that was happening?" Hunk asks me. This actually surprised me, one, because he just sounded so sad, and two, because it wasn't the question I expected for him to ask first. 

"I didn't want to hurt you" I reply, "but it sounds like I did just that, I'm sorry Hunk"

"When did he actually start hitting you?" Hunk asks, "I know now that it was most definitely not a one time thing that he did because he was drunk and/or high"

"I actually don't know," I say, "he started hitting my mother and sister before I was born" Hunk looks at me shocked.

"And your mother had more children with him?" Hunk asks, both furious, and sad. 

"He forced her to" I reply, "he raped her" I look at his reaction. His eyes are wide, mouth is open, and his eyes are watering a bit. Soon he snaps out of it and moves on.

"Ok, I don't want to hear any more right now" Hunk says, "I will learn about your past with everyone else, but you might want to prepare them for what they're going to see, not every little detail, just that it wont be all that... happy"

"Right" I reply "Umm.. I really want to sleep, but my room is a bit of a... mess"

"Oh right" Hunk says "Lets go talk to Allura and Coran about where you're going to sleep" Then we hear footsteps running off.

Pidge's P.O.V

I may or may not have followed Lance and Hunk to hear a bit more of Lance's past. Then I ran off when I figured out that they were going to come out. Lance's past is just a little more messed up than I thought it would be, even after what we saw on the screen playing his memories, and that says a lot. Like what the hell? It must feel horrible knowing that you're a product of someone raping another person. I can't even imagine how Lance must have felt. I run to my room feeling everything, the cool floor under my feet, the warm air curling around my skin, the steady beat of my feet hitting the floor, and suddenly I'm on my bed with salty tears coming from my eyes.

A/N: That was 812 words! I really hope that you're enjoying this crappy fic. But thank you so much for 100 views! Bai people!