Chapter 10

Keith's P.O.V

I want to talk to Lance more, laugh with him too. I want to tell him how I feel about him. I don't know how, but somehow, someday, I will. I start wandering around the castle, secretly hoping to run into Lance. As I absentmindedly walk around the castle, my legs take me to red. I go to sit down inside of her. She immediately purrs comfortingly into my ear, as if she can tell that something is bothering me.

"Hey red?" I say, "Do you think I should tell Lance how I feel?"

"Of course you should" Shiro replies, who I didn't know was in the room. He knew I was gay, but not that I liked Lance. He must see the panic on my face because he said, "It's okay Keith, I had my suspicions, and I won't tell anyone"

"Oh thank god." I say, "Thank god it's only you"

"Only me?" Shiro says sarcastically. I just roll my eyes.

"How should I tell him?" I ask.

"You'll know how when the time comes." He says.

"Real helpful Shiro." I say mockingly 

"You're welcome Keith" He says, and with that we leave the room.

Lance's P.O.V

In my dream everyone was dying, because of me. I kept on messing up. I was missing my shots at the galra, I kept on slipping and falling, and people had to come and save me. By the end of my dream, only Keith and I were left. A galra soldier was about to shoot me. But Keith steeped in the way, and took the bullet, making his blood splatter all over my face. A galra was about to shoot me, but then Keith saved me again, his face above mine telling me to calm down, relax, and it's going to be okay, stroking my hair soothingly. My god. He's so perfect. After a moment of looking at his beautiful, perfect, face I scramble up. I start mumbling 'I'm sorry' so quietly, that I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me. We talk a little and then we leave the room. I go to my room first, since I'm not hungry. I see the shiny silver blade in my drawer, where it always is. I pick it up and roll up my sleeve and make the first cut. It's what I deserve, I'm useless. The second. Pathetic. The third. Weak. The fourth. Unwanted. The fith. Annoying. The sixth. Worthless. The seventh. The seventh wheel. Suddenly I hear a knock at my door. I quickly pull my sleeve down to hide the cuts.

"Come in" I yell hoping to sound cheerful.

"Hey Lance." Hunk says, "I just wanted to see how you were feeling. I know that those 'dreams can make you feel a little shaken up"

"I'm fine buddy" I reply, hoping it's not too obvious that I'm lying. 

He looks suspicious but says, "Okay, if you want to talk just know that I'm here for you, okay?"

"Okay"

A/N: 498 words. It's really short because I just wanted to get a new chapter out because I haven't updated for a while, and I really don't have an excuse for it other than laziness. That's it, bye!