Iron Red - Love, Simon Contest

Dear World,

For many, life is nothing but a journey–a journey of self-discovery. Friends are the light burning through the world, and the light in your souls. Happiness surrounds most, yet darkness clouds others.

It was a dreary day when the sterling white cloud looming over my head suddenly turned dark. For what reason? I may never find the answer to that question. Be that as it may, I found bliss in writing, and only then is when the disconsolate puff of cotton had lightened slightly, which in turn had brought the faintest spark of life back in my eyes.

During the profanity my family sputtered around at one another like a broken faucet, music had kept me sane. It had kept me on my toes, and had given me that weak push I desperately needed to continue forward.

Regardless, somehow, I had come to utterly loathe my existence.

People had forced my being to be kept locked under a shell, either frightened or they simply abstained from trying. Being alone had never really bothered me to an extent to end it, no, for it simply just gave me belief–belief that one day, when the clouds shine once again, that I may find an individual who will truly love me for all my flaws and mistakes; for all my scars and brutal memories that won't heal.

The agony that sticks to this monotone life is not something I'd wish upon anyone else, for it's nothing but exhausting. This feeling isn't something most choose. It's not a choice–it's a deathwish. Once you arrive at this train stop, living is no longer an option.

You survive.

I'm tired of this bull, of the amount of effort it takes to wake when the sun shines upon the world. Might it be too much to ask for one soul to save me from my toxic thoughts? From the bland world that's all but a record on repeat?

Every day I await the arrival of my Peter Pan. Then my savior would say, "Let me take you there." He'd fling me on his back, wipe away my tears, then whisk me away to a world full of magic. Our eyes would glimmer amongst the stars and the life in my eyes would return.

For most, that seems like a foolish dream. But for me, I call it hope, for I am nothing more but a believer.

Dear world, you're intoxicating, confusing, and most certainly frightening, yet at times, I can't help a smile. Because when the night sky glistens, I'm at my happiest.

And to that very individual, please don't run away. Please don't disown me. Because you can guarantee I'll love you with all my heart, and I dearly hope you'll return the favor.

Love,
@LadyOfWaterLilies