seven: to fall in love with you

"well i feel your love
and i feel no shame."
  ——
After Tommy and Iris' casual sexual encounter, something shifted in the two of them. It was as though the years had never passed and they were back to the madly in love couple they had been. The one night of lustful, ungraceful and passionate sex managed to wipe away years of silent resentment and even quieter yearning. As their bodies became one, so did their hearts.

For the next few weeks, they continued sleeping together and spending each waking minute with each other (when Thomas wasn't handling some sort of business deal)

For the next few weeks, they continued sleeping together and spending each waking minute with each other (when Thomas wasn't handling some sort of business deal). It was the happiest the both of them had felt since the war; it was perfect and it was bliss.

But bliss never lasted long in Small Heath.

Despite their closeness when in each other's company, Thomas made a habit of treating Iris like a worker whenever they were amongst others. Ordering her around one minute, then pinning her against a wall the next. Iris found it very confusing and it pissed her off to the high heavens. But she couldn't bring herself to ask why. After the months that felt like years with Alfie, when he would mentally torture her and often physically beat her, she was grateful for Thomas' affection. Surely she could deal with his cold attitude during the day if it meant having him during the night? Wrong. One day, he pushed her too far.

"Iris!" His voice rung through the den, the furious tone silencing everyone present.

Iris rolled her eyes but walked to the door of the office."Yes?"

"Where the fuck is the paperwork for the derby? We need it to sign the deal with the Lee's." He demanded icily. There was a wild glint in his eyes and he looked absolutely livid.

"I'm your accountant, not your secretary." Iris stated calmly. "It's not my job to organise sheets."

"I don't give a shit. You're always in my office so you've clearly lost them."

"No, I haven't. I saw them on your desk earlier. Someone else has moved them."

Thomas muttered something as he stormed out of the office.