Three

The Others

"Is she bit?" The pregnant lady asked the doctor.

"If she was, the fever would've set in by now." He replied. "I'm still not happy you stole supplies from us." He said to Clementine.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Well it had to get cleaned somehow. Do you not know the difference between human jaws and dog jaws?" She questioned him. She saw a piece of paper and a pen on the table. She drew a walker bite and her dog bite. "That's the difference." She began to question his "doctor" degree. The dog bite is longer and the walker bite is shorter.

"I've got to go." He glared at her, then walked out of the room. Luke walked up to her and gave her a bowl of cereal.

"Eat up, kid." He smiled. She smiled back at him and looked at the cereal. She wanted to eat it, but didn't know if the twins had ate yet.

"Have my brother and sister ate?" She asked.

"Yeah, they're with Pete and Sarah." He replied. "I guess I should tell you everyone's names. The pregnant lady is Rebecca, Nick is the one who tried to shoot you, Alvin is Rebecca's husband, Carlos is the doctor, and Sarah is Carlos' daughter."

"Thanks."

"What're your sibling's names?" He questioned.

"Lee and Katey." She replied.

"Cute names. Where are yer parents?" He asked.

"They're dead...like everyone else's parents." She explained.

"Wow. May I ask, how did you survive all this time?" Luke asked.

"Well, a man named Lee found me and took me in. He died after he got bit trying to protect me. Our friends, Christa and Omid, took me in but Omid died a couple months later. Christa had her twins but we lost each other and then you guys found us."

Luke bowed his head down. "I'm so sorry for...all you've lost. I haven't lost nearly as much as you. Only three. My parents and Nick's Mom."

"Well, I think I should get going now. I'll just get Lee and Katey." Clementine stood up from her chair.

"No don't!" Luke quickly stood up. He blushed, then scratched his neck. "I mean, you must be tired and in pain from yer bite. Stay a while."

Clementine smiled, and looked at the ground. "O-okay." She looked up, her golden eyes meeting Luke's chocolate ones.

Rebecca threw open the door, and glared at Clementine. "And what the fuck do you think you're doing with Luke?" She yelled.

"Calm down Rebecca. We're just talking." Luke said quietly.

"I want you out of here!" Rebecca glared at Clementine.

"I told you, Luke, I should get going." Clementine picked her bag up, and pushed past Rebecca. She went out into the sitting room to see Sarah playing with the twins.

She went over to them and picked them up. She turned around, placing her hand on the door knob. "Aww. You're leaving so soon?" Sarah whined.

Clementine rolled her eyes and turned around. "I'm not wanted here, so goodbye." Clementine opened the door, stepping out onto the porch.

"Wait! Clementine!" Luke called. He ran out into the porch. "Please stay." He begged her.

"No. I'm not wanted by Nick, Carlos, or Rebecca. I'll just be a burden along with the twins. We're just kids." Clementine replied. She walked down the stairs, her arms becoming numb from carrying the one year olds.

"You don't look like just a kid to me. You're a bad ass, giving yourself stitches. And if you won't stay, then I'll tell you our plans. We're going up north, Pete said he saw a station up that way." Luke told the young girl. "You could think about meeting us up there if you want. We have a little wagon you could carry the twins in."

"Okay." Clementine nodded her head. "I'll take the wagon, but I'll think about going north."

Luke looked at her, smiled, then turned back inside the house. Clementine had to finally set the twins down or else she would've dropped them.

Luke came back out with a little yellow wagon. "Why are you guys leaving?" Clementine asked Luke as she put the twins and her bag in the wagon.

"I'm not going to lie, another group is out to kill us after we left them." Luke stepped closer to Clementine, making her blush. An awkward silence took over.

"I'd better get going." Clementine looked up at Luke.

"Yeah..." Luke nervously chuckled. Clementine turned and pulled the wagon behind her. "I'll maybe see you later!" He waved.

She smiled and nodded after turning around, then continued walking forward. She walked into the woods, leaving Luke behind.

He stood there until he couldn't see Clementine and hear the babbling of the twins. He turned back into the house, his heart racing.

Nick came running in the back door, gasping for air. "Luke!" He yelled. Luke ran into the kitchen to see Rebecca and Nick.

"Yeah?" Luke asked, worried for Nick.

"C-Carver's...group...is out there." Nick waved his hand towards the outside.

"Where?" Rebecca sternly questioned the young man.

"Out a ways." Nick stood up straight. "In the woods." He looked out the back door. "We need to leave now."

"Good, because Clementine just left. I told her where we're going and she said she'd think about going there." Luke told Nick.

"Are you an idiot?" Rebecca snapped. "She could be with Carver and she's probably the one who told him we are here and now he's going to go to the house we planned to go to."

"She's not though!" Luke yelled. "She's just a little girl! She's helpless and has been through a lot! Give her a fuckin break already!"

Clementine smiled as she walked through the back door. She was glad Luke was sticking up for her. She had seen Carver and his men, and thought they were trouble so she headed back.

"What are you doing back?" Luke questioned.

"I think I know who Carver is. There's men walking through the woods. I think they're headed here." Clementine explained.

"But they're the opposite way you were walking." Nick retorted.

"Then they're split up and are going to attack from both sides. That's why I came through the back. I didn't want to be seen coming in here." Clementine explained.

"Get everyone together now." Luke ordered Nick. "We're leaving."

Ugh Band Camp fucking sucks. Sorry for the late update lmao