Fourteen

The Question

We finally reached the gas station. There was a motel next to it, which worked out perfectly. This was a deserted town, and we hadn't come across one walker yet which was heaven. The town must've evacuated when they first heard about the attacks.

There was a truck parked in front of the gas station with supplies stacked in the trunk. Two figures were fighting about something by the truck, but stopped when they saw us. I saw the familiar red hat, and darted (as best as I could) to them.

I practically knocked him over as I hugged Nick as hard as I could. He hesitated before hugging me back. I let go and hugged Luke next, he immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"Why are you all here, and who's this kid?" Nick asked while pulling me closer to him.

"This is Duck, Kenny's kid." I answered. "He saved me." I blushed.

"Clem, what to do you mean?" Nick looked down at me, very concerned.

"Well, Larson he uhm—he—"

"Larson tried to rape Clem so I killed him. I bashed his brains out with a chair." Duck interjected.

Nick looked down at me, tears forming in his eyes. "Clem, I'm never ever gonna let anyone hurt you again, okay?" He hugged me so tight, I could barely breathe.

"Let's stay in that motel. It looks safe and untouched." Duck pointed out.

"So when Dr. Larson comes looking for you two, to see if we're with you, they're gonna come here first. We have to hide the truck if we're gonna be right next door." Rebecca stated. I nodded in agreement.

"Well, there looks like there's some bushes behind the motel that look big and tall enough to hide the truck. Let's continue to get all the supplies out of the gas station and into the truck, then take the supplies over." Luke planned.

"Alright." Kenny agreed. That's the first time I've ever heard him not fight with Luke and Nick.

Rebecca went to the bench outside of the gas station and sat down. She can't really help since she's pregnant and huge.

I tried to start helping, but Nick told me I needed to take it easy for my leg. I agreed reluctantly and sat down next to Rebecca.

"So, are you and Nick having a thing? I've noticed you two together and he's way more protective of you." Rebecca playfully questioned.

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "Yeah, we've been hanging out a little more the past couple of days. We did some stuff last night, even." I looked up at her when I started to say the last part.

"You did some stuff? As in sex?" Rebecca smiled.

"Yeah..." I giggled.

"Well that's exciting. Is he your first?"

"Yeah..."

Rebecca hugged me and kissed my forehead. "The first couple of times it's going to hurt, but then after that it starts to feel good. Trust me."

The guys, and Sarah, finally got done getting the supplies into the truck. Luke drove the truck in front of the motel door as we all walked over. I carried the twins and our stuff into the motel and picked a room. I went into the front desk and picked out the matching key.

I set our stuff down and looked at the room. It had two queen sized beds, a bathroom, and a sitting room. I sat down on one of the beds and looked out the window at the guys loading the stuff into the motel.

When they brought the last bag inside, I picked up the twins and back into the lobby. Luke spoke up. "I'm going to hide the truck now. When Dr. Larson comes, she's most likely going to order her men to come in here. I'm going to keep the supplies in my room so they don't find them. Everyone pick rooms close to each other, and get your key. I'll keep the rest of the keys with me so they can't grab them and unlock the other rooms. They'll know something is up if only a little of the keys are gone and they'll try to bust down the doors."

Luke went back outside and everyone did as told. Sarah and Carlos are obviously staying together, Kenny, Sarita, and Duck are staying together Rebecca is going to stay by herself (unless Luke wants to room with her) and I hope Nick wants to stay with me.

Nick walked over to me and smiled. "Want me to stay with you?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I would like that." I blushed. Nick followed me to our room, and shut the door. I placed the twins down on their bed as Nick closed our curtains.

He came over to me and lifted my chin to look at him. "You're just so beautiful. I can't get over it. How can a sixteen year old be so beautiful?" He chuckled.

I smiled and blushed. "Stop." I giggled. He caught sight of my throat and frowned. He traced something on my neck.

"Clem, your neck. Did he hurt you?" Nick looked at me.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked. I hadn't seen myself in the mirror lately, so I couldn't tell if I had bruises or not.

"You have bruises."

"He put his hands around me. That's all. Then Duck killed him."

"Clem, I'm so sorry." He wrapped his arms around me, I was blushing so hard. He pulled away and looked into my eyes again. He grabbed my chin and kissed my lips. He placed them soft, not forcefully but enough to make me melt into my legs.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he snaked his arms around my waist. When he pulled away, I placed my head on his chest.

"Clem?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we be a thing? Like you know—" his heart pounded in his chest. I could hear it start to beat faster. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I became nervous as well, I can't believe he asked me! "Nick," I pulled away from him smiling. "I've been waiting for you to ask that...yes."

Nick sighed and hugged me. "I thought you were going to say no."

"I really like you, Nick. I'd never say no." I looked up at him, my arms still wrapped around his waist. The door opened, I looked over. It was Luke.

"Did I walk in on something?" Luke chuckled.

"No you're fine." Nick reassured him.

"I just wanted to tell you that Rebecca decided to room with Carlos in case anything happened, so I was wondering if I could stay with you. I can sleep on the couch, it's a pullout couch." Luke asked.

I looked at Nick. It was his decision, it's his best friend. "Yeah you can. I think it's better for Rebecca anyways." Nick answered.

"Okay thank you." Luke closed and locked the door. "You guys should really have this locked."

"When are they coming do you know?" I asked.

"It's been couple of hours since you guys escaped, so I don't know. They could be here any minute." Just then, we heard the roar of a couple of trucks on the street. Luke looked outside. "They're at the gas station. Dr. Larson is there and there's four other guys." Luke closed the curtain and looked at me. "Clem, hide in the bathroom with the twins."

"Okay." I limped over to the twins, they were playing on the floor. I picked them up and walked over to the bathroom. I went inside and locked the door.

"Clem?" Lee questioned.

"We have to hide here for a little bit. There's some people after us. You have to be very quiet so they don't hear us." I reassured them.

I hugged them close to my chest as I hid by the shower. I started to doze off, but caught myself every time.

————

I woke up in Nick's arms. He was playing with my hair. I looked over and saw Luke asleep in the other bed with the twins cuddling beside him. It was still night. I looked over at the clock. 3:23.

I turned around to look at him. "Did they come into the motel?" I asked.

"Yeah. They left when they realized they couldn't open any of the doors. Luke's idea was genius." Nick chuckled.

I moved closer to him, then placed my hands on his chest. He leaned down to kiss me. "I'm so glad you're mine." I smiled at his comment and kissed him again.