chapter 1

Chapter 1

The whole suburban town is sleeping on this cold December night. The lovely people who live in these lovely homes are lost in their lovely dreams, so why would they bother notice the black sedan parked on the street.

At this hour almost every house looks dark not one single house is being illuminated by orange light and the two gentlemen sitting in the front seats of sedan couldn’t be more happier about it.

But the cold weather was taking its anger out on them, and soon they found themselves wishing that they were inside these homes instead.

“Where is he?” the fellow seating in the passenger seat asked his companion while examining his cold fingers, afraid that they might turn blue any second.

“How am I fucking supposed to know? I am sitting right here with you aren't I.” His companion who was sitting on the driver’s seat replied with a snap. He looked much calmer than the other fellow, but still a few nervous lines were visible on his face. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel and sighed heavily, he really was regretting not wearing gloves today. 

“Well no need to get your panties up mate but the least you could do is turn the heater on.” The fellow who was residing on the passenger seat spoke, he stuffed his bare hands under his thighs.

While his companion watched him with an amused expression,

“Not used to the cold huh?” he asked playfully “and to answer your request no I can’t turn the heater on because first I don’t like being told what to do and second it’s too much fun to watch you suffer like this.”

“Oh bite me I grew up in New Mexico what did you expect?”

“Now that’s how you kill a person’s appetite, why anyone in their fucking right minds would want to bite you.” The person sitting in the driver’s seat replied unable to control his laughter anymore.

His companion flipped him off as an attempt to shut him up, after two minutes of more silence the fellow sitting in the passenger seat spoke again,

“I think we should go by ourselves Dan, I mean what’s the worst thing that can happen? We can do this, we don’t need him.”

Dan pinched his eyes in an attempt to get his mind clear,

“Sure yeah let’s do this.” He said in his cheerful voice “tell you what, you go inside first then I will follow you. Ok Theo?”

Theo looked up and down on his partner in a moment of self-doubt, “why do I have to go first?”

“Because you are a fucking idiot.” Dan answered his question and slapped the back of Theo’s head with his free hand. “We need guns you idiot and we currently don’t have any, that’s why we are waiting for him and I don’t want to hear one more word from you, is that clear?”

Theo strokes his nose from his thumb and then he nodded to his partner’s threat. He hated it when Dan treated him like a child, he was a grown up man. Why can’t anyone see that?