The Consequence - Chapter 9

Gurl! Ito naman ang sayo @nixiefreya I know you have been waiting for this book for so long na rin and thank you for not giving up on me! hihihi. Pero miss na kita nakailang update na ko wala ka paring paramdam? Haha. Natutuwa kasi ako sa comments mo! Hahah. Thank you for reading, gurl! :) Love lots!

Date Posted: 18 March 2018

CHAPTER 9

Napalunok si Araya. Napahigpit ang kapit sa kanyang shoulder bag. Nararamdaman niya ang pagtulo ng pawis mula sa kanyang noo pababa sa kanyangkilay at sentidu. Mabuti na lamang at may kahabaan na ang kanya bangs kung kaya at natatabunan nito ang kanyang mga mata at naitatago ang takot o kaba sa kanyang mga mata. Nakagat niya ang ibabang labi.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" She heard his voice and felt his lips on the tip of her ears. That voice. Ang tinig na iyon na kanina lang ay naririnig niya sa kanyang panaginip. Ngayon ay nasa harapan na niya ito—no, hindi lang ito nasa kanyang harapan, sobrang lapt nito sa kanya at hawak nito ang magkabila niyang braso. Napapikit si Araya. The feeling of having him near her in flesh makes her heart go wild. Agad siyang tumayo at lumayo dito. Shutting her eyes tight one last time to clear the fog that has been clogging her brain and making her think slower than required.

Lifting her face up, she saw the man of her every dream in front of her, looking so handsome in his black Armani suit. She gulped. Feeling that familiar sensation pooling down her legs, making it feel like a jelly. She saw the right side of his lips formed an upward curve, and her heart skipped another beat.

"Enjoying the view?" The guy said, putting his hands on the either sides of his pocket. "Because I do". Arogante nitong saad na umagaw ng pansin niya mula sa pagkakatunga. The man took a step closer. Instinctively, she took a step back. The man chuckled, bowing his head a little bit before rubbing the stubbles in his chin.

Before Araya knew it, the guy held her waist and pulled her closer to him. She gasped. "Still as beautiful as ever, Araya, My Kitten." Halos tumalon ang kanyang puso mula sa kanyang dibdib. Nagwawala iyon n

Walang sabi-sabi ay mabilis niya itong itinulak palayo at agad na inayos ng sarili.

" I am sorry, but I think you are mistaking me for somebody else." She said softly, trying to hide the rushing beat of her heart. Hinawakan niya ang lace ng bag na nakasabit sa kanan niyang balikat. She laughed a little bit, "I do not even know you! How could you do that!" She tried to act disbelief, hiding the building tension in her throat.

Nakita niya ang pagkunot ng noo ng lalaki. "Do not play dumb with me, Kitten. We both know who each other are, physically and...", he looked into her eyes as if he just saw right through her, "emotionally." Mabilis niyang pinigil ang sarili sa pagtugon dito. Curling her eyebrows together, she bent to pick up the last piece of paper that was thrown out of her bag.

"I am sorry, mister? But I really don't know you." She walked backwards until she bumped into something really, hard. Lalong tila ay tatalon ang puso niya sa kanyang dibdib. Oh, no.

The man in front of her put up two if his fingers and dismissed the guy who has been standing behind him since God knows when. The guy immediately banished from her sight. She looked at the man standing in front of her. Naniningkit ang mga matang tinignan siya nito. Gone is the playful smile pasted on his lips. Gone is the sparkle in it when she first saw those blue eyes for the first time in five years?

"I don't like the act you are trying to pull off." The guy said, stepping forward. He walks so slow that it is killing her. She has nowhere to go! Nasa sulok lang naman sila sa lugar na halos walang dumaraang tao! His presence is driving her legs weak as if he absorbs everything that she has. Everything that she is.

"Stop it or..."

She was not able to finish her words as his mouth finally descended into hers, taking the remaining strength in her body. She immediately melted. Her knees were not able to support her. Before she could fall, the guy held each of her hand and pinned it to the wall still savoring her mouth like a man in the desert who finally found the oasis. Closing her eyes, she welcomed that one thing she has been dying for years.

"Stop it or what, kitten?" The guy whispered after that one hot intoxicating kick-you-in-the-crotch spit-on-your-neck fantastic kiss.

She slowly opened her eyes, eyes twinkling, she looked into this handsome man she has learned to love that has given her the most precious gift she ever had. The smirked in his face was there again. The sparkle is back and it made her heart skip more than a beat. "I knew it was you." He breathed, pushing her bangs to the side.

Before she could utter a word, her phone started to ring. Mabilis niyang itinulak palayo ang lalaki at kinalkal ang bag. Fuck, she whispered ng hindi iyon makita. Ilang saglit lang ay napagtanto niya na ang tunog ay nanggagaling sa kanyang harapan. Agad siyang napatingin dito, gone again is the playful smile in his face. Nakatingin ito sa kamay kung nasaan naroon ang tumutunog na cellphone. Bago pa niya makita ang caller ID ay namatay na ang tawag. Nahagod niya pataas ang buhok, bigla ay naiinis siya sa bangs niya ng walang dahilan.

Ilang saglit pa ay tumunog muli ang telepono flashing the most unexpected name of all:

Future Husband calling.

Napapikit siya, halos masapo ang ulo. "Oh, Rain and Aya, what have you done?" Naibulong niya sa sarili at mabilis na inagaw ang telepono sa lalaking halos sunugin na iyon gamit ang tingin. Dumistansiya siya mula sa lalaki.

"Mama!! Where are you!! We have been waiting for you!!" A girl by the name Aya was shouting on the other end of the line. The girl has gone impatient again. She sighed. "I am sorry, honey. I just bumped into someone." Nilakasan niya ang tinig upang masiguro na maririnig siya ng lalaki. Lumingon siya sa rito, nagkunwaring iniisip pa rin kung sino ito. "Nevermind, I will be right there, I love you." She smiled pressing the end call.

Nang maibaba ang tawag ay agad siyang lumingon sa lalaki at pinaningkitan rin ito. "I am not pressing charges because I really think you just mistook me for someone else." Muli niyang pagsisinungaling. Hindi pa siya handa. Hindi pa siya handa sa kahit ano mang bagay na may kinalaman sa lalaki at sa kanyang mga anak. Hindi pa siya handa. Not now. Not in the nearest future. "I need to go," hindi niya na ito hinintay pa at mabilis na tumakbo palabas, pinaninindigan ang pagkukunwaring isa iyong mistaken identity!

Nang makalabas doon ay agad siyang napasandal sa dingding, nakakuyom ang mga kamao sa tapat ng dibdib. Her heart has been going wild since she heard his voice for the first time in years. Napapikit siya, reminiscing the kiss. Suddenly, her knees went weak again. Napadausdos siya paupo, hindi napansin ang pagtulo ng mga luha sa kanyang mga mata. How could someone she barely knew affect her like they have known each other since forever?