xiv

"i'm tripping off your love and all the other drugs we taking"

the team's eyes all turned to look at hotch, who didn't exactly look shocked or offended. he looked more confused than anything.

"he's a classic narcissist," reid rambled, his earlier stammering disappearing.

"he thinks he's better than everyone else in the team. genesis 23:4, let him not deceive himself and trust in emptiness, vanity, falseness and futility, for these shall be his recompense," reid quoted quickly.

hotch walked out of the room, his face still not showing any signs of being angry at reid. hankle raised the gun just above reid's head and fired it at the wall. hankle let the bullet casing fall the the ground and reloaded the revolver.

"for god's will," he said, holding the bullet up to show reid before loading it into the gun.

once hankle shut off the live feed, the team slowly entered the room where hotch had gone.

"i'm not a narcissist," hotch defended.

"come on. you can't think anything from that," gideon replied, trying to reassure him.

"he's not in his right mind hotch," gideon added as hotch began to talk over him.

"it's not about that. no, stop. stop. alright everybody, right now; what my worst quality?" hotch asked, interrupting gideon's reassurances.

"ok i'll start. i have no sense of humor," hotch said.

"you're a bully," jj added.

"i'm a bully," hotch repeated.

"you can be a drill sergeant sometimes," morgan chimed in.

"right," hotch agreed.

"you don't know when to give us a break," layla said.

hotch nodded.

"you don't trust women as much as men," emily said.

"ok good. i'm all these things, but none of you said that i put myself above the team, because i don't, ever. reid and i argued about the definition of classic narcissism and he knew that i would remember that, and he also quoted genesis, chapter twenty three, verse four. read it," hotch requested, showing the bible he was holding open to that passage to the team.

"i am a stranger and a sojourner with you. give me property, forbear a place among you, that i may bury my dead out of my sight," jj read aloud.