A Debut

Hey.

My name's Lana. Lana Lang and I'm currently employed at the All-Star newspaper as a spokesperson. I mean, it's a good job, but not well paid. I came to Metropolis about a year ago now because I suspected something was up with Superman gone, and who better to protect it than Superwoman?

"Lana! Lana stop daydreaming!"

"Oh sorry Lex, I just thought of something that caught my eye."

"I'm sure you did. Get in my room - now!"

I quickly walked into his room and noticed it was painted a dark gray. It looked like a modern-day office mixed with high-tech. Why would his office look like this compared to the rest of the building that's painted in bright peach?

"Again. I walked down the street this morning to find another crime. A bank robbery. Luckily, Superwoman was there."

Luckily.

"Lana! Wake up!"

"Sorry sorry."

"Whatever. Anyways, I heard of shooting down on 4th this morning and I want you to investigate and tell me, Eliza, what happened."

"Yes, sir!"

"We're not in Kansas - wake up! Now get out of my office!"

I quickly left the office. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you who Eliza is. She's a news reporter who was recently hired here. Basically, my partner in writing. I do the interviewing and she writes up a report for the paper. Cool teamwork, no?

"Eliza! Girl we got work!"

"Let's go. Where to though?"

"I'll explain in the taxi."

We quickly walked into the elevator when a man brushed up against me.

"Sorry, sorry! In a rush!"

That voice! I know it from somewhere. But where? Wait, it can't be him, can it?

"Let's go, the cab's waiting and the door's literally closing on your foot. I honestly don't know how you're not in pain right now."

"Sorry sorry, let's go."