Chapter III part 2

Previously with Jackson and Ivory.
Ivory got herself captured by a tribe. She went to save innocent lives that joined her on their quest to find jewels. Colbolt, Evelyn, Gregory, and Jezebel specialized in capturing specific types of enchanted jewels. Now, her friends and Ivory, herself, hang over a flame thats getting more and more hot with each passing second. Their only hope? Jackson Bale and Colbolt.
"Ivory, you idiot." Jackson whispered to himself. Then headed back to where Colbolt was. "Colbolt!" He called. He bolted out of the bushes and held Jackson's shoulders tight.
"Have you found them?! Where's Evelyn?!" He started getting paranoid while Jackson and Ivory left him alone.
"Calm down brother. I found them. But they're in trouble and I need your help. So snap out of it and help me." Colbolt nodded vigorously. He'll do anything for his friends and for Evelyn. "Alright, first things first," Jackson looked around at the things they had, "We need to make our tiny team of two, into a powerful army of many." Colbolt looked confused. "Just do as I say and we'll be fine." They got to work as fast as they could. Dawn crept through the twisted branches full of autumn leaves, Colbolt paused a second to look up and feel the sun's kind heat. Jackson did too, but they didn't falter in their plan.
"Here we GO!" Colbolt and Jackson chanted, attracting the attention of the thousands keeping their friends. Suddenly, a large stone rolled down the cliff nearby and took out a row of natives, before they could recover, arrows fired from all directions of their camp. That was their chance to run in and grab everyone.
"How?" Ivory laughed, now back at their vehicles. Jackson looked over at Colbolt with respect, and then looked back at everyone's expectant faces.
"Easy," Jackson started, leaning back on the hood of their Jeep, "We needed an army to match theirs. So we made thousands of arrows and set a distracting boulder at the tip of their cliff they must've thought could protect that side of their village. We proved them wrong, huh?" He smiled and looked back at Colbolt,
"Desperate times, call for desperate measures I suppose." Ivory looked down at her cold burnt hands resting in her lap. She still felt guilty after causing all this mess to begin with. Knowing her good friend, Jackson knew how she felt. He didn't say anything to her until they were back at their humble treehouse abode.
"I think they all had the best time of their lives," ivory couldn't believe he'd just said that her. "I know. Being captured by unidentified tribal members and getting strung up over a strange blue fire seems undeserving of the recognition of fun. But, they did get closer. We were friends in school but parted ways at graduation. It was great to see everyone again. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks that." She smiled without him seeing, but was sure he knew he did his job at cheering her up. Jackson set his coffee mug on their wooden bar and hugged her, a small gesture to thank her for the wonderful day he's had. And she felt her heart skip a beat or two. What was that about?
"Happy Anniversary Arrow."