i. four

ғᴏᴜʀ — ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

♛ ♛ ♛

"MY KING." SHURI introduced, bowing at T'Challa's arrival. T'Challa shook his head, waving her off. "Stop it. Stop it."

Shuri laughed, slapping her hand against his before crossing her arms over her chest. The two slowly made their way down the spiral walkway. "I already set aside a car aside for you. Who are you taking along to Korea?"

"Okoye," T'Challa said, in thought. He smirked. "Aretta...and Nakia as well."

Shuri shot him a look, perking one eyebrow. "Are you sure it's a good idea to take your ex on a mission? Especially if Aretta is coming along, with you chasing her around all the time?" T'Challa shook his head in slight dismissal. "What could go wrong? Besides, you will be on call."

Shuri smiled, pumping her fists in the air. "I have great things to show you, brother. Here are your communication devices for Korea." She walked up to an oval case sitting on one of the many plain white desks. Inside the case were tiny circular white button-like devices. Closing the small case, she handed them to her brother. "Unlimited range, also equipped with audio surveillance systems. Check these out,"

Shuri stopped in front of another workspace, she picked up a small device that was as big as her palm. "Remote access Kimoyo beads. Updated to interface directly with my simulation table."

T'Challa moved forward, impressed with her little sister's work. Looking down at a table with even more gadgets, he nodded his head at it. "And what are these?"

"The real question is, what are those?!" Shuri exclaimed, motioning down to T'Challa's shoes, which were his black sandals. "Why do you have your toes out in my lab?"

T'Challa chuckled, wiggling his toes before lifting his foot to rest on a stool. "What, you don't like my royal sandals? I wanted to go old school for my first day."

"Yeah, I bet the elders love that." Shuri glared playfully at him before reaching forward and grabbing two thin objects, having the outline of a shoe. "Try them on."

T'Challa stepped onto them, and a black mesh engulfed his feet. He wiggled his toes, nodding along.

"Fully automated, like the old American movie Baba used to watch. And, I made them completely sound absorbent."

T'Challa and Shuri looked at his feet as he tried to stomp his foot, only to hear nothing. "Interesting..."

"Guess what I call them. Sneakers."

T'Challa's smile dropped as he gave Shuri a look. Shuri smiled larger, "Cause you...never mind." Shuri walked off, slapping T'Challa on the back. "If you're going to take on Klaus, you need the best of what the design group have to offer." they stopped in front of T'Challa's original suit. "Exhibit A."

"My design." T'Challa said proudly.

"Old tech."

"Old?"

"Functional," Shuri corrected, slapping the back of her hand against his shoulder. "but old! People are shooting at me! Let me put on my helmet!"

T'Challa shook his head. "Enough..."

"Now, look at these."

Two mannequins stood before them, one wearing a gold necklace with teeth, and one with a thin string, having matte silver teeth. T'Challa narrowed his eyes at the gold necklace.

"Do you like that one?" Shuri asked with a smug smirk. T'Challa blinked. "Tempting, but the idea is to not be noticed." he moved to the second necklace. "This one."