i. six

sɪx — ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

♛ ♛ ♛

WITH NAKIA IN the driver seat, Okoye in the passengers, and Aretta in the back, the three sped off in an awaiting car.

"Shuri!" T'Challa yelled, bursting from the tarp door and down the small street. The round device on the hood glowed to life before projecting a purple mesh over it.

"Wait," Shuri said from his comm. "which side of the road is it?"

"For bast's sake, just drive!" T'Challa screamed, running down the small street. The car's engine roared to life, taking off towards T'Challa. Peaking behind his shoulder, he mentally activated the suit, flipping backwards into the air to land on the roof of the car.

Shuri cheered from her lab. "Let's go!"

Nakia's brows furrowed, gripping the wheel tightly. "Which one is he in now?" They all looked, watching several identical vehicles speed down the street in a single line. They all turned onto a wider street, suddenly splitting off.

"They're trying to lose us." Okoye said huskily. Nakia frowned. "I'll take the right."

Shuri nodded, taking a different way and turning down an alleyway, big enough for the car. Shuri chased after two SUV's; one of them holding Klaue. Driving into oncoming traffic, Shuri's grip on the artificial wheel tightened in fear. "We're not going to make it!"

"Keep going!" T'Challa called back, flipping onto the side of the vehicle and driving his claws into the asphalt, tipping the car on two wheels. The car turned in a tight arch, landing on the right street once more. T'Challa grunted, jumping back onto the hood.

Shuri cheered out again, and T'Challa launched himself forward, landing on the back of the first SUV. A henchmen from inside the car fired at T'Challa, watching in slight fear as the bullets ricocheted off his suit and replaced it with a purple hue that only grew brighter and brighter.

T'Challa sliced open the roof of the car, looking inside but not finding Klaue. T'Challa threw the driver onto the pavement, before Shuri ran over him accidentally. "Hey, what was that?"

"Don't worry about it, you're doing great." T'Challa encouraged, jumping back to the car as Shuri sped away.

Nakia sped down a highway, following a SUV closely. The henchmen fired at the car, but the bullets only bounced off without leaving a scratch.

Okoye narrowed her eyes, leaning back in her seat. "Guns...so primitive."

She suddenly leaned forward in her seat, a cold look flashing over her features. Aretta glanced at her. "What's with the look?"

Okoye turned her head, glaring at her briefly before looking at Nakia. "Just drive."

The two watched as Okoye climbed out her window and onto the roof of the car. She impaled the roof of the car for stability and Nakia protested quickly, sending a glare at the blade of her spear that poked into the car. Okoye planted her gold boots onto the surface, and a blue glow ensured she wouldn't slip off.

Her dress flared behind her in the wind in a heap of blood red, avoiding the bullets that were fired at her. She stood abruptly, throwing her spear with all her strength. The spear soared through the air, crashing into the back and front windows of the car before sticking into the asphalt, stopping the car in a split-second.

Nakia and Aretta cheered loudly from inside the car. Aretta smiled, slipping into the passenger seat with Nakia. Nakia looked at her, smiling confidently. Okoye smirked proudly, staring into the side mirror where Klaue was sitting.

Shuri thanked herself for not asking to go along with the mission, watching as the men fired at the car continually, only for the bullets to seemingly pass through her. She glanced up at the faux roof of her car. "Look at your suit. You've been taking bullets; charging it up with kinetic energy."

"Go around the truck." T'Challa commanded, and Shuri obeyed. He leaped onto the hood of the car, and used his built up energy to launch the car into the air. His body twisted, allowing him to flip up and over back onto Shuri's car.

"Show off." Shuri sneered playfully, and T'Challa imagined the roll of his sister's eyes.

"There he is!" Nakia called out. The three women looked ahead to watch as Klaue's SUV came into sight. The bulky vehicle jumped down a bumpy street. "Hold tight!" Nakia called to the other two, quickly changing shifts, speeding up even faster.

The car jumped into the air, nearly flipping over.

They all watched as Klaue climbed from out the widow, aiming his fake arm at them. The arm split into two, revealing the cannon from earlier. He waited until the car jumped over a bump, before firing.

The cannon crashed into the car, shattering it into pieces. Aretta felt Nakia pull her into her lap for safety. Above them, Okoye gasped as her spear slipped from her fingers. Reached out, she barely grasped onto it, landing on the crumpled piece of the hood. Diving her spear into the road, she slowly to a stop.

Nakia and Aretta skidded to a stop as well beside Okoye, with Nakia still gripping the wheel in her hands.

Aretta got to her feet, helping Nakia up. Nakia thanked her, and Okoye stepped off the scrap of metal. A car conveniently rolled up in front of them, stopping to reveal Everett in the drivers seat. "Hop in! Put the spear..." his words faltered upon seeing Okoye's icy glare. "...in the trunk."

♛ ♛ ♛

hello! just wanna apologize for the really short chapter! my schedule has been a little hectic with work and school! i also kinda feel like this is a bit of a filler chapter, which i hate, so please excuse that! xoxo