IV

-3 1/2 years later-

I was entering the Throne room, wandering around, looking for something else to do with an empty house. Alex was doing Alpha work all day and I was taking my first day off in weeks. But frankly, I was bored.

"Momma! Momma!" Jazmyne came running towards me with a pink backpack just as big as her that had 'Princess' bedazzled on it. I opened my arms and hugged her, lifting her up from the ground. 

"Hey, Jaz! How was your day at school?" I kissed her on the cheek, glad to see her after a long day of a quiet house. 

"Mrs. Irene taught us how to add and the four seasons and she even helped me with my lunch today!" She loved herself some Mrs.Irene. 

I thought for a second. I made her lunch today, "What was wrong with your lunch?" I made her a simple ham and cheese sandwich with grapes and some crackers on the side. It was a pretty simple lunch and she was eating ham and cheese sandwiches just yesterday. 

"Oh, nothing!" She smiled happily, "I just wanted to share with Jr!" 

As if on cue, Jr entered with his own backpack and a smile on his face and an apple in his hand

As if on cue, Jr entered with his own backpack and a smile on his face and an apple in his hand. "Yea! We wanted each other's lunch, so we just split it in half like sharing!" He explained. 

I smiled at the both of them, always seemed inseparable to each other growing up. Nothing had changed between them even after all these years. Jr continued his way towards the Alpha's chair and found himself climbing on it. Jaz dropped her backpack and did the same for the Luna's chair. They both sat happily on the thrones, and I let them, not wanting to ruin their fantasies. 

Jaz and Jr would both have to perform their duties to their future packs. Whether it would still be this one or the Goddess has other plans for them, Jr would still have to be Beta and Jazmyne is destined to be Luna. Eventually, they would have to separate. 

The opening of the throne room door brought my attention to the top of the room

The opening of the throne room door brought my attention to the top of the room. I was expecting it to be Alex coming from his day being Alpha, but it wasn't. It was a man I didn't recognize. His beard was mostly white with specs of black and his hair was thin on top of his head than usual. I felt like he was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on why he waltzed in unannounced. I didn't recognize him as a pack member, I would have known him. 

I stepped forward cautiously, the man not seeming to notice that I and the children were even in the room with him. He was looking around the grand room, admiring its beauty, appreciating it in all its glory. I finally made my presence known to him, "Can I help you, sir?" 

Finally, that brought his attention to me. He looked, without saying a word to me. Examining me. The two children were quiet behind me, hardly making any sound as they looked back at the old man. 

"State your name and reason," I demanded from him. I was suddenly uncomfortable with him in the room and wanted him gone if he had no reason here. I suddenly saw him as a threat. Maybe he was lost, he did seem much older. He stepped forward, looking around once again, ignoring me. I brought my wolf out to have some type of authority here. "State your name and reason or get out! Why are you here?" 

I quickly sent out a link to Alexander, not wanting to alarm him, but needing him here.

There's a guy in the throne room. He won't say anything. I think I need you to get here.

There was only a moment before his response.

-On my way.

I tried to get the name to speak again, "This is your final warning. Who are you?" 

The strange man cleared his throat and licked his dry lips, "I-Is Alexander around?" 

I barked back, "It's Alpha Weston to you." I was quickly tired of this man and him playing his games. 

He seemed unfamiliar with the idea of addressing an Alpha properly. He shook his head and stepped forward again. I stepped back to the chairs, able to put my hand on both Jazmyne and Jr. I could hear a small whine coming from Jaz, "Momma..." She sensed my fear and she was scared too.

My instincts kicked in and my wolf became to come out, she was still smaller than usual, but after some defense classes, I was better off now. "Get out. Get out or suffer."

The man was not fearful of me and my threats, but he actually smiled. He was mocking me in my face and I was disrespected once again by men who can't address me as such. I was sick of it. "You're so cute!" He admired. 

I realized my wolf wasn't intimidating to him and he was actually laughing at me. I gave up on my wolf and shifted back to my human form. I puffed my chest out, angry and frustrated with this strange man and why he was mocking me. "The Alpha has been summoned and you will pay for disrespecting the Luna."

The man echoed me, "Luna...You're his mate." I stayed silent to him this time, unable to control my anger in front my children as he was humiliating me in my own authority, "So that means..." He was trying to get a glimpse of Jazmyne, but I wouldn't let him. I would die first before he saw her. She was already pressed against my back where I wanted her. 

He took another step and a larger growl broke out on top of my own as the doors swung open again. Alex came barling into the throne room, only catching a glimpse of the man before pouncing on him from behind and holding his head down. Most of his wolf had emerged, his eyes black as night as he yelled, "Who the fuck are you!"

The man strangled against Alex's force, unable to fight against him as if he was expecting to. He simply chuckled with the air he had left in his chest, "You've gotten stronger, Alex." There was a moment of recognition in his eyes, but he didn't let up on the man. His eyes switched back to his normal brown, but he as still on edge with the man. The man weakly stated again, "You...have a family now I see." 

Finally, Alex removed his weight off of the man and let him gain his composure back. I wasn't sure what was happening, but it seemed like Alex was familiar with this guy. "Alex..." I called out to him, wanting to be filed in on what was going on right now. He looked up and walked in front of the man, looking at his face to face and Alex went rigid, frozen in his spot. 

I stepped closer to Alex, his body language seems afraid of the man in front of him and I've never seen him scared of anything before. "Alex." I called again. This time he didn't respond to me, but to the strange man. 

"Father?"