VII

Father was here for a reason and I didn't like it. Something was going to change and this was something that I wasn't ready for. It's been so long that everything was together and finally sitting in a place like my life was suppose to be. Everything was perfect and he was here to mess it up. 

"Can you come to bed, Alex?" 

I gazed up at my beautiful mate in the bed, her bonnet crowned on her head as he laid in bed, looking tired, but knowing she was waiting for me to come to bed because we both knew we couldn't sleep without each other. 

I really wanted to calm down and lay in bed with her, but I simply couldn't calm down, Kaseem was too awake and rowdy tonight. 

Something's wrong! Something's wrong! Something's wrong!

I hate how indirect you are. Why can't you either tell me or shut up? Ke'aysha sat up in bed and gave me a pity smile. She knew what I was going through a little bit and there wasn't much she could do about it. She started to get out of bed and I felt bad because she was so worried about me when it was just me and I couldn't get myself to relax. 

"No, no. Please. Stay in bed." I insisted. I was too guilty to make her get up on my behave. 

She looked slightly frustrated with her legs already hanging off the side of the bed, "Alex, I need you to relax. I know tonight wasn't that good of a night, but you can't tell me you expected anything different." She was right. Dinner tonight was very uncomfortable since we had to talk about Isaac and everything else with it. It was exhausting to keep up the conversation at a tension-filled table. 

I was honest with her, "I can't, baby." There was a light knock at the door and I looked over at the clock on the nightstand. It was rounding midnight, who would be not trying to get to bed by now. Maybe it was Jazmyne. 

The thought of it being Jaz stood me from my seat and to the door quickly. I opened it, almost expecting her, but unless Jaz suddenly grew three feet and a beard, it wasn't the 2nd light of my life. I was almost disappointed. It was none other than my father sitting at the door, hands crossed over one another and a grim look on his face, but I remember him always having this look on his face anyway. But this time was slightly different, this time there was something that needed to be said. 

"Alexander." My father said to me, "I need to speak with you." 

That statement didn't help my anxiety at the moment, but I think it would feel better if I went to hear something instead of trying to guess what would ruin my family right now. This was it. This is what I've been worried about all night. He's here to ruin it. 

I turned back to Key, not wanting her to worry, "Try to lay down and get some rest, sweetie. I'll be back very soon." 

Ke'aysha gave in and simply got back into bed, making room for me when I came back. 

Father stepped back to let me out of my room and closed the door behind me so I could let Ke'aysha be in peace. She deserved it. He regarded me with a look on his face I could only recall when Mom first got diagnosed. It was pity.  I've never thought of my father as sympathetic and caring after my mother died and there's no way he is now. He's the same dick he always is. 

I crossed my arms, wanting to be as cold as stone and unaffected to anything he's about to say to me. "What is it?" 

Mr.Weston sighed and looked down at his shoes for a moment before he met my eye and continued, "I'm not sure you know, but there have been rumors." 

I was lost of where this conversation was going. It didn't make sense, "What rumors? Why should I care about rumors?" 

"Because they're about you and your pack." He said. 

I scoffed in his face, "Goodnight," I dismissed. I reached for the doorknob before my father grabbed my wrist to stop it. 

"Listen to me." He demanded. Even though I didn't like his tone like I was a child, I complied anyway, putting the hand back crossed. "There's a rumor that has been spread that a group of powerful packs have joined together in a council and are coming to charge you with the murders of those packs you eradicated." He explained. 

My stomach clenched at the thought, but I didn't show it. "Council? On what grounds? When has there ever been a council that governs wolf packs?" This was something I have heard of before and if they don't have any ground then I have nothing to worry about. 

Father understood this though. But obviously, this "council" was bothering him more than he was letting on. He knew something I didn't. He sighed and explained, "A long time ago when werewolves were first introduced on Earth, there was a council put in place. And they ruled for a long time. And they made a...code of conduct per say for werewolves to abide by to punish cruel ruling Alphas. It was called The Indoctrine of Alpha and it was worshiped like The Bible," My stomach started to churn. 

That doesn't make sense, "What happened to the council then? I've never heard of them."

"Werewolves got spread all over the world and it was simply too hard to govern from just one spot when nothing's getting enforced and a lot of people stopped followed The Indoctrine when humans came around and we blended in with them." 

I felt a tinge of anger with him because this was something he never told me. I felt like I should know the history of the wolf, but all I know was that you're blessed to have a wolf from The Goddess. That's all he's ever properly taught me. 

He went on, "The original five members of those packs that were on the council have rumored to resurfaced purposely to come after you and your crimes."

No, that's impossible. It's not gonna happened. It's just a rumor. A rumor doesn't mean anything. "They don't have any grounds to bring back the council. They can't do anything." 

I suddenly had a flashback to 3 1/2 years ago. The "rumor" that I ripped up and flew out the window that I hoped was at the bottom of the ocean by now, disintegrated into space. This wasn't something I'm going to believe. It's not coming back into my house. It's gone. Out the window. Forever. 

"The Indoctrine never became isolated, simply faded away into time." 

I shook my head, "So it doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen. Good night." I rushed to get back to my sweetheart who is laying in the bed waiting for me to get there. 

"Alex. You should take this seriously." I ignored him, not wanting to even think it was really a rumor or not. 

But it has to be. It's too far-fetched. It's simply a story someone made up to scare me. Ha. Didn't work, fuckers. I walked through the door and closed it on my father, erasing everything he said because it was so irrelevant. Ke'aysha caught my eye as I slid into bed with her, "What was that about?" She asked me, slightly worried. 

I smiled at her, kissing her nose as I held her close, "It was nothing important." 

Ke'aysha was hesitant in accepting my answer, "Are you-?" 

"Shhh" I silenced her with a light kiss on her lips. She loved my kisses. "Get some rest, honey. It's late and tomorrow's a new day. She relaxed in the bed and against me and I was back in my perfect little world.