XII

I was alone. 

I was completely alone. 

It was terrifying. 

Ke'aysha had walked out that door hours ago, but I didn't have a will to do anything else. She had left. She was gone. And it was all my fault. 

You need to fix this.

I shook my head. I don't think I can this time. There is no fixing this. 

You need to fix this.

Kaseem, this is not the time to argue with me. I don't know what to do. 

You pushed your family away from you. I'm not losing them because of you. Both of us are on the line right now. You need to do something to fix this.

I couldn't find the motivation inside of me to get something done. I didn't know what to do. I've gone through wars and I've been shot, but this type of heartbreak was disabilities me. I couldn't handle going through this again. I just can't do it. 

My depression dropped my body to the floor and I laid there, staring up at the ceiling and waiting for death. 

I walked up to the giant house on the Everette territory

I walked up to the giant house on the Everette territory. This pack house was much bigger than Alexander's but as far as I knew, Pack Weston was no longer a pack. Or maybe it was.  Who knows? 

I rung the doorbell and waited for the door to open. Seconds passed before the door open.

Alpha Everette stood in the doorway, looking at me as I had my bags against my legs, not exactly knowing how present this situation to him

Alpha Everette stood in the doorway, looking at me as I had my bags against my legs, not exactly knowing how present this situation to him. He addressed me, "Luna Moore, this is a pleasant surprise." 

I meekly spoke to him, scratching the back of my neck, "May I stay with you?" 

Alpha Everette was a little taken back by my request, but eventually, we gave in, "Of course." 

He stepped to the side and let me into the huge mansion. It was very obvious that this type of fortune was based on old money. He's probably never had to work a day in his life for more money. I started to ask more questions as I explained myself, "I thought about what you said and...and I just thought I needed to leave." 

He placed his hand on the small of my back as he led me further into the house. "I understand. Don't be scared of your decision. It's the right thing to do." 

I really hope so. There was an awkward silence between us as we stood next to each other, but I moved, wanting to reunite one part of the family if Alex was the enemy right now. I reanimated back into the situation at hand, "Is Jazmyne here?" I asked Alpha Everette. 

He came forward, walking further into the house with me trailing behind him. "Yes, of course." 

My hands felt clammy, questioning what I'm doing is best for everybody. My child? My mate? My pack? Am I the traitor? I started to double guess my decision and stopped in the middle of the hall, beginning to panic. "Am I a traitor?" I asked aloud. 

Everette stopped and looked towards me, questioning why I would feel so terrible about putting away what he would see as a "murderer". "Why would you feel like that?" I knew it. 

I started to speak my mind, not afraid of presentation in front of this council member, "Look at this mess." I moved my hand around. The mess that was the bags in my hands and the tears I had cried. The mess was the heartbreak and betrayal that gripped my heart. "My daughter was taken away from everything she knew. She's scared and I gave her away to you with no problem. I'm a horrible mother." I stated. 

Everette stepped in front of me, wrapping his hands around my shoulders, "No, Ke'aysha." 

I stopped him, "No. My child is scared and I wasn't there to comfort her. My mate is-is-"

"A killer?" 

"No!" Hearing the words from someone else made it truer. I didn't want that. I didn't want to entertain that thought. "My mate is alone. By himself. Without his mate. Without his daughter. He's hurting! His wolf hurts and I feel it! I can feel him crying out and I'm not coming to his rescue." I was in such a rant that I hadn't felt the tears running down my cheeks. 

Everette was very consoling as he raised his hand to my cheek to wipe the tears away. I didn't stop him. All the energy had left me as I felt defeated. I laid my head against my chest, not being able to think, simply wanting to feel better. I muttered to him, "Have you ever felt your mate's wolf cry, Everette?" 

He was quiet for a moment before he answered, "No. I haven't." My heart dropped again. I didn't know what to say anymore. I didn't know where to turn, what to do. "Please, call me Noah." 

He began to pet my hair and comfort me. I wasn't resisting him anymore. I wanted to crumble into his arms. I wanted to disappear and for time to stop for a moment or two. Just so I can catch my breath. 

I took a deep breath to compose myself, "I want to see my daughter." I commanded. 

Noah nodded and continued down the hallway, leading me by the shoulder and rubbing my back as we went. "I want you to know that you're safe here. Every fear and insecurity you've had can melt away and you can be honest with yourself and others," he rubbed my shoulders, "You are entitled to your fears that Alexander had caused you. Don't think they aren't valid because they are. And so are you." 

I appreciated the gesture and making myself feel valid and not crazy like when I first lost my family. I was alone. I was scared. I wanted to join them and I thought I was cursed. And the curse seems to prevail. Noah was helping to make the curse feel a little lighter. He pulled me into a hug and I buried my face in his chest. 

His hearty chuckle tickled my ear and I buried my face into his neck, taking in his scent and enjoying his warmth I remember from what I was younger.

I brought myself out of my thoughts and stepped back, feeling a little more grounded than I did when I stepped into this pack house. Noah was very helpful. "Thank you, Alpha Everette."

"Noah. Please," he persuaded. 

I nodded and smiled, "Noah," I corrected. 

He smiled and I hadn't realized how pretty his smile was before. This was probably the first time I had seen it. He was too busy being the council member that denounced my pack that I hadn't noticed that he was an alright looking man. Probably one of the younger members, but he was obviously matured for someone his age. 

"Now," Noah stepped to the side to reveal a door. My heart started to pump as I knew this was the way to my baby girl. Noah smiled, "Let's reunite your family, shall we?" 

I wondered if completely reuniting us was actually possible.