London Eye

'London Eye. Bomb in one of the capsules. Not enough to do any significant damage, but enough to severely injure eleven people and stop the London Eye for eight hours. Everyone got off but there was another bomb in the same capsule. No one got hurt but the capsule collapsed onto the ground. Happened as soon as I showed up. Capsule number 33. SH'

'Fun fact. London Eye only has 32 capsules, but they skipped number 13, so you can actually go into number 33, even though there are not 33 capsules. SH'

Sherlock, in his flat, was thinking about what had happened at Big Ben. It hadn't made any sense, and he was the King of making sense of things. There was a dead man on the pavement, head blown off. A dead man on the pavement who Sherlock completely disregarded. Yes, someone killed him, but he was just a distraction. A man whose job was to run a twitter account for a local deli. Unimportant.

The first thing Sherlock did when he got to Big Ben was dismiss the man and run up the steps. It was all just a rouse. But what was he distracting me from? Mrs. Hudson walked into his flat and disrupted his thoughts. 

"I thought you might want some tea dear, after what's happened." She put the tea on the table beside him. She looked at Sherlock and studied him, as Sherlock studied her.

"Mrs. Hudson," he asked, "Why are you bringing me tea to my flat at 11 pm?"

"Well, I was watching the telly, looking at the news, and it was talking about Big Ben, which reminded me of you. The kettle was already boiling because I can't go to bed without a good cuppa, so I thought I would bring you some."

Sherlock ran out of the flat, down the stairs, and into Mrs. Hudson's flat. Mrs. Hudson yelled after him, asking him what he was doing and where he was going, but she should have known he was going to look at the news. Big Ben was being shown, the clock face illuminated with lights. Instead of listening to what the news reporters had to say (which was probably nothing as Sherlock hadn't given Lestrade any information, which means Lestrade couldn't give out any information) Sherlock looked at the clock face. Some of the lights of were out. He immediately called Lestrade.

"Are you at Big Ben?"

"Yes, why? Is everything okay?" Lestrade sounded afraid, fearing what he did not know.

"Run up the clock tower and see how many lights are out." Sherlock hung up the phone as Mrs. Hudson finally made her way into her living room.

"Sherlock, what are you doing?" She took a stance in case Sherlock acted erratically. He has been acting like he's been on drugs the past few days. 

"Solving a case, Mrs. Hudson." He ran out of 221 B Baker Street, hailed a cab, and made his way to Big Ben.

-------------

Lestrade greeted him, panting from running up and down so many stairs, and reported his findings. "There are 28 light bulbs in total, only 15 lights are working."

Sherlock looked disappointed. "That's not what I asked you."

"15 lights working, 13 not working." Sherlock nodded, his way of saying thanks. "Why do you need this? How does it help the case?"

Sherlock laughed at Lestrade's ignorance, to which Lestrade furrowed his brows. "The 13th letter of the alphabet is M."

"Sherlock, it can't be Moriarty. He's dead. You know that."

"Yes, but--" Lestrade's phone went off. A call. He answered it. He looked concerned. Where are we off to now? Sherlock thought. He started to walk to Lestrade's car before Lestrade grabbed his shoulder to stop him.