Having Fun, Cleopatra?

'Cleopatra's Needle. One of the sphinxes heads were smashed off. Stolen. Sold online as a "replica". Someone got three million dollars out of it, as it was for a private collection. Police later seized it. Tried to trace the IP address from the online auction site. Did not work. Who got the money? SH'

Emma looked across at Eleanor. "E stands for 'evil'," Eleanor muttered as she started dialling on the payphone. Emma waited patiently, looking at a security camera. "Why are you so quiet... nervous about his trial?"

"I guess we're both nervous about our men." Eleanor froze at her words. "He would have hated it in jail." 

No one else was at the phones except for Emma and Eleanor. Well, Casey was there too, but by now she had sunk so far into the shadows there was no point of her being there. Emma walked to the phone beside Eleanor and started dialling, too. They both had a mission to complete.

"Yes, James, it's Eleanor... no I haven't told anyone... listen, I know you're upset but I need your help.... no, no drugs this time... I just need information.... hold on a sec..."

Emma was talking to Mycroft, listening to his emotionless voice. What a Holmes. "Based on our calculations, the next 'attack' will be at Cleopatra's Needle. We're hoping nothing harmless, but at least then it would give my brother something to distract him. Not that I care..." Mycroft droned aimlessly on and on as Emma put the phone back on the receiver.

"Cleopatra's Needle," she told Eleanor who then told James. The plan was set in motion, but what would actually happen at Cleopatra's Needle is something no one could have predicted.

-------------

Sherlock was in St. James Park, waiting for another attack to occur, and had left John and Rosie at home. He had Lestrade's messages opened on his phone so that Greg could be texted right away, if anything were to happen. What surprised Sherlock was that just a moment after he had turned off his phone, it lit up with a message from Lestrade. "I was supposed to text you, Greg." He opened his phone and read the text.

'Cleopatra's Needle NOW or you'll miss out on all the fun. -Lestrade'

Sherlock hailed a cab, instructing the driver where to go, and got off a block early to beat the traffic and run to the tourist attraction. When he got there, he saw that one of the sphinxes head had been smashed off and taken, in broad daylight. Everyone around him seemed not to notice. 

He went to a homeless lady sleeping on a bench and shook her awake. "Did you see anything?"

She looked around, confused. "Sorry, Sherlock."

Sherlock huffed and walked away from the bench, examining the sphinx statue. Why only one? What are they planning on doing with it?

"Excuse me," a man approached Sherlock. Dead end job, sells drugs but doesn't use them regularly, wearing a scruffy army green coat, grey sweat pants, and a black t-shirt. He is wearing running shoes, and has a confused look on his face. His brown hair is in a buzz cut, and he has a tattoo going down the back of his neck. "Are you Sherlock Holmes?"

Sherlock eyed him. "Yes, who are you?"

"The name is James. I was sent here by Elea-- Emma, she says I'm the only tie that she'll have to the outside world, can't be you as you will be too busy with  a case to pass on information. I'm supposed to help you."

I suppose I need a new temporary partner because one is in jail and the other is a father. "Sphinx head has gone missing, do you know what happened to it?"

James got a notification on his phone and checked it. Great, I'm working with a man who can't pay attention. This is worse than me working alongside Rosie. Sherlock started to walk away before James said, "This one?"