Chapter 1

Mila smacked a handful of papers down onto the small wooden table, looking up at her mother. "What is this?" Mila so coolly asked trying very hard not to start an argument. Because god knows that's the last thing she needed. Her mother slowly sipped her coffee, smoothly gliding across the kitchen. Taking a seat across from her daughter. "I don't know what you mean." Her mother muttered tipping the coffee mug to the bridge of her nose. 

Mila scoffed at the reply running a hand through the tips of her wild curls twirling it rapidly. Mila took another glance at the stack of papers continuing, "Im not going anywhere so you can forget it. If that's what ever-" She stop running a hand over the papers. "This is." Mila's Mother pinched her eyebrows together gently setting down her coffee mug, pushing the stack in front of her. Breathing deeply in and out.

"Cara please understand. This is just going to be for a little while just until momma gets her life together. It's not like Im sending you away to some strangers they are familia." Mila's mother begged, tears slowly formed but she quickly brushed them away not taking her eyes off of Mila. Mila viciously shook her head, maybe if she could knock some since into her, she wouldn't have to go live with someone that she barely even knows. "Momma please. I don't know who these people are. We have not had any contact with them since I was a baby. Prego, Prego don't make me go."

Mila knew it was useless but she didn't try to fight the tears from pouring down soaking up the rim of her favorite puma crop top. Her mother jumped out of the wooden chair knocking it down to the wood floor. Running over to Mila clenching onto her hands. "Mi amore, it is too late... everything is too late for me to explain to you. I tried to keep you in my braccia until you were old enough to understand. But it's too late."

 What is too late? Mila thought but fought the urge from pouring tons of question onto her mother, only taking every last detail of her mother's sculpted face and dark brown eyes. Pulling her in for one last time as if something in her was telling her this was the last time she was ever going to see her mother.

"Ti amo momma..." Mila whispered choking on the tears. Everything was about to change for better or for worse. Her mother slowly caressed the back of Mila's neck sending slight shivers down the rim of her back before giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. A low thump emerged from the front yard. 

Car alarms wailed out all at once, convulsing throughout the neighborhood. Rising to apex then ebbed and back again dynamically rippling through Mila's and her mother body. Mila looked at her mother clawing away at her nails dig ferociously into the back of Mila's wrist. "MOMMA!" Mila screamed over the loud alarms only getting louder as time goes by.

Her mother looked back at her as if confused as to what was happening, staring down at the floor then at Milas wrist before slowly letting go. Crawling away from her in fear that she might hurt her little girl. The tears poured down more expeditiously. "Oh la mia bambina you must go now. So you have a chance to live." Mila's mother croaked out in between sobs pushing herself off the floor.

"momma cosa sta succendendo??" Mila asked again quitely

"There is bad people coming to kill me..."

Mila now frozen in her spot stared at her mother in complete horror.

"No. No. Cosa."

"GO! Subito! Before they get here...." Her mother screamed at the top of her lungs, clenching onto her sides allowing the blood that formed in the Pharynx to spill out. Using the back of her hand to wipe away the excess blood. Mila slowly took a few steps back not taking her eyes off her mother. Peeling her eyes away from the image of blood coming out of her mothers mouth as she shot up the stairs in full speed, locking the doors behind her. "Dio mio..." Mila muttered underneath her breathe.