Chapter 2

"You coming?" She asked narrowing her eyes farther down her body. Then back up again turning to face to the rode. Mila jumped up from the bench, pushing the backpack straps farther up her shoulders. Standing beside Alessia doing one last three sixty scan of the area before getting on the bus. Mila nearly jumped as her eye spotted on a dark eerie shadow figure quickly take shape behind the tree, red oogly eyes bogged at Mila creepily.

 She had to keep herself from screaming. Not realizing the bus was now in front of her, the bus man gingerly asked if she was going to get on. Alessia snapped her back to reality, dragging her onto the bus platform. Alessia shoved in two-dollar bills telling the bus man it's for both of them. Making her way to the end of the bus keeping a tight grip on Mila's wrist. Motioning for her to scoot in first.

"Mila are you okay?" Alessia asked again, her forehead wrinkles percussively took form above her eyebrows.

"I saw... a... a... ghost..." Mila coughed out only stuttering. Making her words not come out clearly.

"fuck." Alessia muttered underneath her breathe clenching her jaw tightly together. Mila looked at Alessia now too concerned at to what the hell she just saw. Whatever that thing was and is not a normal thing people see. Ghosts are not real. Cannot be real. They are just stories that parents tell us to keep us from doing anything bad or to spook the living shit out of us on Halloween. Mila must be going crazy. Right?

"I thought you would have more time." Alessia said caressing my wrist from where she gripped it so tightly. "This is not fair. You are too young to have to endure all this pain."

"What are you talking about?" Mila asked, the insides of her stomach slowly began to turned. All these questions and no answers. "If you are not going to answer my questions then stop. Stop with the melodrama. You are freaking me out and by you saying things like that is not going to make matters better." Mila finished resting her chin on the edge of her palm looking out in the window. Watching the dull colors of life mixed together as the bus flashes by going into the country part of town. 

Everything in Mila's life was falling down breaking down. She scared out her wits and Alessia is not making it any better for her. By now the sun has risen and the hot Louisiana sun beams down leaving Milas with the only air conditioner she has- her hand. Taking out her phone Mila pops her earphones back into her ears letting the New Orleans Jazz drown her from reality. If only she could listen to music and not have to face reality.

"You didn't answer my question." Mila asked loudly slurping in the last of her vanilla shake burping out the excess. Even though deciding to hold off on the hardcore questions like what kind of magical are you? Or Is my Madre really dead? She decided to ask the simple ones like How the heck did you find me or knew that I was going to be at that bus top? And How do you know my name? 

Hopefully she wouldnt be so shaken up at the fact that Mila saw a scary black figure stalking her from across the street that answering simple questions like that were off the table. Alessia drop her phone letting it slam against the metal table scrawling at Mila at her not knowing when the shut up and hold off the questions.

"I told you that I wouldn't ask you questions about our family but I didn't say I would hold off of asking questions that renders me vulnerable to someone who I honestly don't even know." Mila spoke out lifting her chin up, smiling cheerily at her Cugino. Alessia sighed at Mila giving in to her need for questions. "My Padre told me." Alessia said going back to her phone. Not looking twice at Mila.

"Do you speak italino?" Mila asked again

"I thought you said you were going to stop with this hoard of questions that are quite honestly irrelevant." Alessia responded back rolling her eyes.