Must've Had A Good Time

Lafayette's P.O.V.

"Of course I'll be there, Pegs. It's your birthday. I'm not gonna miss it." I tapped my pen against the desk I was doing my homework on, holding my phone to my ear.

"Thank god. You need a break, Laf!" The smaller Schuyler scolded through the phone and I shrugged.

"Working takes my mind off my problems." The Schuyler giggled. "You mean like... Boy problems?" Her voice was suggestive, causing me to roll my eyes. "Don't worry Laf, you're secret is safe with me!"

I smiled at her response. Peggy was like a sister to me, and she was holding a party at the Schuyler mansion on Friday for her birthday. We knew it was going to get crazy, lots of alcohol,  basically the whole school.

On Saturday, she invited her closer friends to just have some fun together, including me, Thomas Jefferson, Alex Hamilton, John Laurens, James Madison, Maria Lewis, and obviously her sisters, Angelica and Eliza. Not to mention my crush, Hercules Mulligan.

Peggy and John were the only two that knew, unless it was really obvious and everyone knew. I knew I could trust them not to tell, but it might be super obvious to everyone else.

"Thanks Pegs. I gotta do some homework so I'll letcha go." She let out a whine. "Whyyyyy?" I chuckled, scribbling down some answers on my work. "Bye Pegs. I'll talk to ya later." She sighed. "Fine. Ttfn!" (If you don't get this, you have a horrible childhood.) I chuckled, hanging up.

I finished my homework around 9 pm, deciding to get something to eat quickly before going to bed.

I looked around in the fridge to the dorm I shared with John, groaning at how empty it was. I guess I'd have to go out instead.

I sighed, closing the fridge door, slipping on black Converse and grabbing my navy blue jacket before walking out the door.

I didn't want anything fancy, and I also couldn't afford to wait; I had to complete my homework. I decided on McDonald's, that wasn't too far from the dorms. I walked down there slowly, texting John on my phone. He was at Alexanders' dorm, which he shared with Hercules (they're just double dorms, you know).

I made it there, no problem. I was distracted obsessing about Hercules to John, who was obviously tired of it but willing to put up with my crush, and accidentally ran into someone after ordering. I dropped my phone on accident, looking up at the male I had ran into. "I'm so sorry- Hercules?" My face flushed as he nodded, taking a step back.

I noticed my phone was still on my messages to John, where I was obsessing over the man I had just ran into. I quickly bent over to grab my prized possession, trying not to mess up.

I stood with no problem until someone nudged me into the taller man, causing me to fall into him. He caught me. "Careful, Laf." He chuckled but I just whirled around to see who had bumped into me. I saw Angelica, the all knowing Schuyler Sister, smirking from the counter. She gave me a small wink and my face flushed as I turned to an oblivious Hercules.

"Aight Laf, I gotta go but... I'll see ya around?" I nodded, smiling. "See ya... Around..." I kicked my toes into the ground nervously as he left with about three bags of food.

As soon as he left, Angelica tapped on my shoulder, causing me to look at her. "What was that for?!" I asked, referencing to the shove from earlier. She just giggled. "It's obvious you like him, Laf." My face flushed. No... He just my bestfriends' boyfriends' hot roommate." She raised an eyebrow and I realized what I said. "What, no. That's not what I-" She began giggling again. "Don't worry, Lafayette. I can keep a secret."