Forever is Our Today

Requested by: 

This one was too long to screenshot and if I did I would give the whole storyline away.

Also, I'll kinda stray some from the request but only because I don't want anyone to think I copied someone else or something like that.

But it was requested so I'mma do it, it just won't be exact.

Reaper!Herc AU

Hercules P.O.V.

I wandered around the hospital, looking for my next job. I walked past the nursery, watching all the small humans sleep peacefully.

One day.

I moved down the hall, making my way to my room. A frail looking woman stood, watching her own body as doctors rushed around her to deliver her baby before it was too late.

She looked up at me before trying to shake her own body.

She soon gave up, walking over to me and pushing me out the door.

"Stay away from my son."

She left, watching the doctors.

I furrowed my brow. Never in my eternity have I seen a mother do such a thing, surprisingly. Most mothers beg for their own life or both, but this one didn't. She didn't care about herself; only her son.

I bit my lip. I had no idea what would happen if I let her live; I had never failed at doing my job. I wasn't allowed to become attached to anyone, but there was something about the woman that made me want to let her live.

I chewed my cheek before setting her soul back in her body and leaving.

~Later~

"You do understand that what you did was wrong, yes?" I stood in front of my boss, Death, nodding.

"I won't punish you, for you did not know the consequences. However, because you let that woman live, you have to understand someone has to die in her place."

I nodded quickly.

"Yes, sir. Who must I collect, sir?"

Death smirked.

("What about Chicago?"

"It can stay. I like the pizza")

"Good boy, Hercules, responding so perfectly to my order." The horseman's statement bothered me, but I didn't do anything about it.

"As for who will be taking her place... Well... Her son will be."

~There's gonna be lots of these so buckle up assholes~

I immediately rushed over to the home of the small child I was supposed to take.

I moved through the door, stopping at the sight of the woman from earlier cradling the baby boy, who sobbed in his mother's arms.

"Shh, Lafayette. Hush, mon cher." She carefully bounced the small child in her arms, unaware of my presence.

The child seemed to notice me as I moved closer, watching me. I was told to stay here and wait for Death to get the kid hurt. Lafayette was destined to die, and I was the one who had to collect him.

It was a pain worse than death.

The small baby continued staring at me with wide, chocolate brown eyes as his mother continued bouncing him, even though he was quiet now.

This is going to be tough.

I watched the baby as he slowly closed his eyes, falling asleep in his mothers arms.