Chapter 1: After colliding with an attractive male

Being the total clumsy zombie I was, I started rushing towards those familiar eyes with glee, not taking note of my surroundings. You can guess what happened next.

Tripping over a pair of outstretched legs, I tumbled forward and landed face first on some really strong pair of legs, thereby bruising my nose. Instinctively, I cried out in pain, sitting on the floor and cradling my nose and ego. I could hear Dami and Chika chuckling in the background.

The cause of my fall skipped over, not even bothering to hide her amusement. "Sorry sis." She chuckled. It was my friend, Faith.

She looked over my head and her eyes went wide. I followed her gaze and felt my throat go dry.

Same year as me, although in a different department, Isaac Otedola was unarguably one of the most attractive students in the school. Tall, dark, and handsome, he was every girl's dream.

He was also staring at me in amusement. That was when I realised that I actually face-planted myself into this guy's 'area'.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if the ground decides to open up and swallow me now.

"What an interesting way to make a first impression." Isaac said, smiling at me. He had this mischievous twinkle in his eyes that made it seem as though he was aware of a joke that no one else knew.

His skin was the colour of raw, unadulterated cocoa. Dark brown, rich and beautiful. He towered over me, despite the fact that I wasn't necessarily short. His eyes were a lighter shade of brown than most people, almost golden. The mischievous twinkle made them seem even lighter. His hair was styled in an elegant afro, it looked so soft and shiny, I just wanted to reach out and touch it.

"Hi, I'm Mavis." I said, baring my teeth in what I hoped looked like a charming smile.

"So I heard. I'm Isaac, I'm in arts. You're a year below me, right?" He asked, still smiling.

"Uh, no. I'm also in SS3. But I'm in the science department." I corrected, finding my voice shake a little.

"Oh! That explains why I've never had any class with you before." He said, nodding in understanding.

I shuffled my feet awkwardly, hoping he'd say something before I decided to open my mouth and embarrass myself.

"So my friends and I are going to see the new marvel movie that just came out, Black Panther. That's on Saturday. Supporting the culture and all. Would you like to join us?" He asked, staring straight into my eyes.

"Yes! I mean, sure why not. I'd love to." I blabbered, cursing myself internally. He ignored my word vomit, chuckling lowly.

"You can bring friends. The more the merrier. Well I have music class in a bit. See you around, Mavis." He said, getting up and walking away.

I released a breath I didn't know I'd been holding.

"What were you discussing with Isaac?" A voice asked, causing me to jump in surprise, which in turn led to me slipping and hitting my head on the table Isaac just left.

Dami snorted, "Idiot. So what's up with you and Isaac?"

"Nothing. He just asked me to see the movie with him. Black panther." I replied, rubbing my head.

Dami squealed in delight and held her hand open to faith who begrudgingly put a five hundred naira note in her open palm.

"What's this about?" I queried, furrowing my brows.

"Well, Isaac has been asking about you since you got to this school. Faith and I bet that he would ask you on a date. I bet that he would take you to see black panther, she bet he would ask you to go to pleasure park to watch Davido's performance." Dami explained, looking smug.