Chapter Twelve

*Arthit's POV*

"What if your Poe never agrees?"

"He will," Singto said firmly.  "He has to."

Arthit left the living room.  Both Him and Singto knew it was not an option.  He decided not to push the matter.  Singto looked stressed enough, and Arthit didn't want to add more to his plate.

Singto followed him.  "Arthit?  Are we ok?" he asked.

Arthit turned back and smiled sadly.  "We are."

"Where did you stay at last night?" Singto asked.

"At P' Todd's," Arthit said, surprising Singto.  "His place was the closest, and he was a nice host.  If anyone would understand the situation, I figured it was him."

"Arthit, I will take care of Poe.  You have to trust me."

"No P' Sing, I will take care of Poe.  You focus on getting better."

"What's that supposed to mean?  How are you going to do that?"

"I will think of something.  Anyway, are you hungry?"

***********************

*Singto's POV*

Singto was healing faster than he expected.  There was only one thing that kept bothering him.  Arthit's new friendship with Todd.  They seemed to be more excited to see eachother than to see him.

Weeks after his attack Arthit invited Todd for dinner.  They had been sharing childhood stories.  Singto sat at the far end of the couch sulking.

"N' Arthit, I think Simba isn't having fun at all.  He is making that face," Todd told Arthit.

Arthit peered at him.  "Oh, that face.  Of all P' Sing's faces, this one is the funniest."

Singto stared at them unimpressed.

"Since when have you two been joined at the hip?" he asked.

"Why are you in a bad mood P' Sing?  Haven't you always wanted us to get along?"

"Yeah but.. forget it... I'm going to bed," Singto said standing up.

"Goodnight!" Arthit and Todd said at the same time.

Singto could have punched them both.  He was annoyed.  He stayed up late waiting for Arthit.

"P' Sing, are you awake?" Arthit asked quietly.

"No..." Singto replied.

"Oho... P' Sing... P' Todd is your friend!  Why do you have to be jealous?  Or are you jealous because P' Todd is paying attention to me?" Arthit asked in a teasing voice.

"Shut up and come to bed already."

"I like P' Todd.  I think I misunderstood him," Arthit continued.  Singto refrained himself from replying.

"By the way P' Sing, don't forget we have a date this weekend."

Singto suddenly perked up.

"Can P' Todd tag along too?" Arthit asked.

"What?  Who takes friends on dates?" Singto complained.

Arthit laughed, "I was joking.  Your face was priceless, so worth it."

"I will get you back for this Arthit."

"I can't wait to see you try P' Sing."

*************************