Seventeen

January 31

Well, that made sense.

"I don't want him as my mate?" Saoirse's voice was unsure.

"That's not an option." Oracle said. "Whats done is done."

Saoirse furrowed her brows. "What do you mean? I never see him anyways, it's like we were never married so to speak to begin with."

"He will come for you," Oak told her.

Saoirse focused on Oracle. "Is that why you asked if I wanted to see him again, after he scared the shit out of me in front of my room?"

He sighs out of frustration. "Mates will typically form a bond, an emotional connection. Distance puts on a strain on them. If you were to ever feel like that, I wanted you to know I could fix it."

"By showing me Obsidian?" Saoirse snapped.

"It's getting late," Oracle groaned. "Can we sleep on this, think it over and talk tomorrow?"

Saoirse crossed her arms. "Fine. But only because I need the time to gather every single question I can think of."

"Yes, good." Oracle rubbed his temples, uncaring of his response to Saoirse which didn't make the slightest sense. "Oak, bring in Jagar."

Oak opened the door, remaining silent. Jagar turned in the frame to face everybody.

"Saoirse." Oracle was not in the mood.

"For Christ sakes," Saoirse forced myself to turn around and look at Jagar's hazel orbs. "Thanks."

He nodded, "Sister wolf."

"Escort her to her territory, will you? She has a big day ahead of her." Oracle said.

"Yes, Alpha." Jagar was quick to reply.

Saoirse faced the man that controlled her life, half glaring, half in the mood to start crying. You're dead to me. She tried to tell him with her eyes.

"One more thing, Jagar. I know it's obvious, but keep her away from Eye."

Super dead.

"I understand, Alp—"

Saoirse shouldered past Jagar in a blur. Angrily, she speed walked down the hallway and skipped stairs at a time as she pushed herself through the house.

"Saoirse, wait up!" Jagar called.

Saoirse was forced to listen. She turned sharply on her heel, emitting her wrath over his body with just one look. "Go to Hell."

He appeared dumbfounded. "I mean no harm, sister wolf, but do you really still believe?"

Saoirse was frozen on the spot until Jagar caught up to her, obedient under his wish as long as he was her Protector. There went her security of never being commanded while under Eye's guard. She tapped her foot, crossing her arms meanwhile he stayed far away. "What are you getting at?"

"Your God," He says. "You swear to Him and tell me to visit His hell. You must know by now that He does not exist."

Deep inside of her chest, right over her heart, it burned at the disrespect. Still, Saoirse cleared her throat. "What would you know?."

Jagar quietly turned, still feet away from her to keep her rooted in place. "I know He is not real because if He were, why would He of let this happen to you? Let you bear so much pain in your life?"

Saoirse moved, but could only grow closer to Jagar while under his command. She halted when she stood toe to toe with him, eyes lit in pure rage. "Let me guess, your God would have protected me, kept me from that pain if I followed him, right?"