Chapter 12

Worried at Jade's horrified expression,she opened the text only to see the same picture.She smiled and said,"Hey they got a good angle."Jade stared at Tori and started pacing furiously. "I am gonna murder whoever took this!,"she yelled."What are you so chizzed off about?"Jade turned to face Tori,anger rising steadily in her throat."Do you want that picture on the Slap?" Tori crossed her arms."It's a nice picture."Jade held her head in her hands,shaking."My reputation would be dead if I was seen kissing you of all people,Tori!"Hurt,Tori forced back the tears welling up in her eyes and said,"You of all people?"Jade,realizing she'd hurt the brunette,stood up to comfort her but Tori pulled away."Whatever.Goodnight,"and she stormed up the stairs,letting her tears flow freely.

Jade groaned and followed her up the stairs.She walked into the room and saw Tori under the covers,shaking lightly.She crawled in next to Tori and kissed her cheek."I didn't mean to say that."Tori didn't respond but turned further away from Jade and screwed her eyes shut."If it makes you feel better,I'll walk into school with you on my arm tomorrow and show you off.I promise."This made Tori smile as she turned and kissed Jade."Goodnight,beautiful,"and Tori fell asleep on Jade's arm.Tori slept peacefully,but Jade was up until the wee hours of the morning, hoping she could keep her promise to Tori.It was 6.30 in the morning and Jade didn't sleep a wink the whole night.She looked over at Tori's sleeping figure and back down at her hands, lighted by the streaks of dawn,and did something she would hate herself for later.

She got dressed quietly and kissed Tori's forehead before leaving the house.She walked to a diner nearby and ate some breakfast,wincing as she scarfed down the food because Tori was the only one who would cook for her and here she was,abandoning her girlfriend for the fear of her own reputation.Tori,on the other hand,had woken up disappointed.She expected to get her usual good morning kiss from Jade but turned to see the bed beside her empty and cold.Her immediate thought was that Jade was downstairs but when she descended the staircase,Jade was nowhere to be found.She got dressed and drove straight to school,not bothering to feed herself at all.

She walked in to school and stormed angrily to her locker.Turning her head,she saw Jade hiding behind her own and strode over to her."Where the fuck have you been?"Jade looked at Tori with her usual annoyed expression she used to give Tori."What do you want,Vega?"Tori was taken aback at the sudden change of mood and said,"I want to know where you've been,"crossing her arms."Jade rolled her eyes and stared daggers at Tori."Why do you wanna know so bad?God,get off my back,Vega."Tori's eyes welled up as she said,"Oh,I'll stay off."Clearly hurt,she walked the other way,eyes following her back.Jade had to force herself from going after Tori and instead slammed her foot into a locker and stalked off the other way.

Crying,Tori didn't know where to go.There were people in the bathrooms and in the hallway. Without thinking,she ran up to Andre's class and knocked frantically on the door.The creative writing teacher opened the door but was cut off before he even got to say anything."I need Andre."Seeing her tear streaked face,he called for Andre who immediately came to her aid. "What's wrong,chica?,"he asked,comforting Tori in his arms."Jade."Andre went from sympathetic to defensive all at once."What did she do?"Tori related everything that happened from the hospital up until that morning's incidents."So-so you and Jade are-?"Tori nodded to save Andre the awkwardness and a look of relief flashed briefly across his face.A few moments later,Andre stood up."I'm gonna find that-"

"No!She can't know I told you."Andre was about to protest but saw the softness in Tori's eyes and just pulled her into a hug."It'll all be okay.Hey,how about I come to your place after school and we can hang out?,"he asked,pecking Tori on the forehead gently.She beamed at him and said,"Sure,"while pulling him into another hug.Andre's hugs were always warm and nice."Hey, we have Sikowitz now.Wanna walk together?"He looked back at his teacher and said,"Nah,you go first."She pulled away and smiled at him one last time before heading to Sikowitz's class.On her way there,she felt a shoulder slam into her own and next thing she knew,she was shoved into a wall."I'm sorry,dyke,"said a snarky voice.She turned to see a group of girls laughing themselves silly at her.