Chapter 13

It was 7 am and Jade had just woken up.She leaned over to see Tori's sleeping figure and smiled. "Hey,get up."Tori grunted and rolled over into Jade's embrace."Come on,we can go to school together."Tori woke up and kissed Jade good morning.They got out of bed and Tori went to make breakfast.As they sat eating,Jade said,"I'll walk in first,alright?"Tori nodded and continued eating.They got dressed and were on their way to Hollywood Arts when Tori asked,"Hey,where do you think Beck is?"Jade shrugged and winced.Just thinking about Beck made her insides churn.Not long after,they reached the school.Before going on,Jade reached over and kissed Tori. "Have a good day."Tori smiled and watched as Jade walked into school.A few minutes later,she parked her car and walked out into the sun.

The moment she stepped into the school,she noticed a big commotion happening in front of Jade's locker and when she walked over,she heard someone yell,"Jade,your girlfriend's here!" She pushed through the crowd to see Jade's books torn up on the floor with people laughing and yelling,"Smear the queer!,"around her.Tori found her way to Jade and knelt down beside her only to see that Jade was in tears."Are you okay?"Jade just kept her head down and whispered loud enough only for Tori to hear."Get them outta here."Tori stood up and yelled,making the lockers tremble."HEY!FUCK OFF!"Everything went pin drop silent and slowly,the group around Jade broke up,leaving only Tori and Jade on the floor.Tori helped Jade up and they walked to the black box theatre.The moment they got in,Jade threw her backpack to the ground and screamed.

"How did they find out?,"asked Tori.Jade pulled out her phone and showed her a screenshot the unknown number had sent.It was the picture in the parking lot but all over the Slap."Oh,Jade." Tori hugged Jade's shaking figure close to her,forcing her to inhale the strawberry scent.In all the fury and anger that was running through Jade's head,she managed to calm down and take deep breaths.She hugged Tori even closer and kissed her on the cheek.Tori pulled away and sat Jade down on a chair."We have two options.Sit here the whole day,or go watch the latest horror movie."Jade looked up at Tori and couldn't even hold back a smile."You hate horror movies."Tori sat across from Jade and held her hand."Yeah,but I love you."Jade looked up into Tori's brown eyes and smiled.Picking up her backpack,she said,"I'll buy the tickets."Tori put an arm around Jade's waist and said,"Atta girl,"before kissing her forehead.

They exited the school and got into Tori's car.Tori drove while Jade's tears spilled all over her lap. The moment they reached the mall,Jade pulled Tori out of the car and they walked into the cool air-conditioned building."Thanks for watching with me,"said Jade as they bought their popcorn and entered the cinema."It's a bonus for me actually.I get to cuddle close to you when I'm scared."Jade rolled her eyes and they watched as the movie title displayed on the screen.The movie started and not long after,the cinema was filled with screams and,in Jade's case,laughter. As soon as the movie was over,the two girls went back to Tori's house and cuddled on the sofa. "You're soft."Tori chuckled and turned the television off."Can we talk?"

"About what?,"said Jade,sitting up."About how you're gonna handle this.The bullying."Jade sighed and rested her head in her hands."I don't know yet.Can we just continue cuddling?"Tori chuckled and reached for Jade's hand."I don't want you to get hurt."Jade squeezed Tori's hand and smiled into her chocolate brown eyes."I won't.Not when I have you to be there for me,"said Jade,falling towards Tori in a deep kiss.Jade lay on top of Tori on the sofa and ran her fingers through Tori's hair."Let's have game night with the gang."Tori looked sharply at Jade."Really?" Jade nodded and grabbed her phone."Make it like old times."Tori reached for her own phone and texted Andre,Robbie and Cat,"Game night at our place.Bring snacks."As soon as the text was sent,her phone started to ring.She checked the caller ID and dropped it onto the sofa.

"Who is it?,"asked Jade as she saw Tori's horrified expression.She picked the phone up to see and almost dropped it herself when she saw Beck's name flash on the screen.She was about to decline when Tori snatched the phone out of her hands and answered it."Hello?"All she heard was heavy breathing on the other end until a husky voice said,"Tori?"Hearing Beck's voice killed her insides and was about to put down the phone when she heard,"Can I come over?"Tori cleared her throat and said,"No."Beck coughed and started again."Fine.You can have Andre and Robbie and anyone if you don't trust me.I just-I need to speak to you guys."Tori heard his voice cracking with tears and she softened her tone a little.She turned to Jade who was digging her nails into a pillow and said,"He wants to come.We can have defence if we need any."Jade was too hysterical to say anything else so Tori whispered into the phone."Come at 8.We're having game night."

"Sure.Thank you,"and he hung up.Instantaneously,Tori picked up her phone and got Andre on the line."Andre,can you bring Simon over?Beck wants to come talk and we need defence if anything."Andre got a little nervous at the mention of Beck."Sure.I'll leave right now."He dragged his brother out of the house and sped away in his car.It was a quarter to 8 when Robbie and Cat walked through the front door.Tori hugged them both and brought them glasses of lemonade each."Why the sudden game night?,"asked Robbie with speculation.Before Tori could make up an excuse,Jade said,"Just wanted to play and Tori and I have news for you guys."Tori looked at Jade."We have news?"Before Jade could say anything,Cat said,"I love news!"They chatted for a little while more when the doorbell rang once again.

Jade opened it to see a very tense-looking Andre and Simon who look like he just woke up from a nap."Is he here yet?"Tori shook her head when Robbie asked,"Is who here yet?"Jade sat next to him and said,"Beck."Cat almost jumped at Beck's name."Beck's coming?Yaaaay!"Tori whispered under her breath,"For all the wrong reasons."They set up the game table and were already about to play when,at half past 8,the doorbell rang once more.Before Jade or Tori could get up,Andre got out of his chair and said,"Let me get it."He strode over to the door and yanked it open to see a very tired-looking Beck."Hey,Andre."Andre nodded and opened the door wider to let him in.He sat on the sofa and Cat was running over to hug him when Andre stopped her in her tracks.Jade and Tori walked up to him,Andre and Simon on either side of them.

"Jade,"and as he took a step closer,Andre stepped between them when he saw fear cloud in Jade's eyes."Don't come any closer."Beck put both his hands up and stepped back."I came to tell you guys that I won't be coming to school for a while."Cat pouted a little and asked,"Why?"Beck sighed and ran his fingers through his hair."I'll be at rehab."Some of them gasped but Jade only stepped forward a little."Rehab?"Beck nodded."I'm an addict."Tori was getting a little fed up and said,"Why did you bother telling us?"Beck held up a hand."I'm getting there.I came to apologize and to say Jade,I didn't mean to hit you on purpose.The drugs were working up my brain.Tori,I didn't mean anything about hurting you either."He broke into tears and Tori walked forward when Simon held an arm out in front of her."You sure?"She nodded and he let her go to comfort the broken boy,crying his eyes out on the sofa.

She hugged him and he cried harder until one by one,everybody wrapped him in hugs.Everyone, that is,except for Jade.When they all let go,he reached forward to hold Jade's hand but she moved backwards.He stood up and said,"Fine.But maybe when I'm outta there you can learn to love me again."She shook her head vigorously and her hand found Tori's."I don't want to be put through that again.I have a girlfriend."Hearing those words come from Jade shocked everyone, especially Tori.Beck saw their hands grasped firmly to each other's and couldn't help but smile. "I'm happy if you're happy.Congrats."With that,he turned to walk out of the door.Jade turned to Tori and kissed her while everyone else cheered."So you're showing me off?"Jade smiled into the kiss and said,"I would be dumb not to."