Re:discover

Obito goes on adventures with Deidara.

-

The two did not seem out of place while walking beside each other, despite coming from completely different departments. Art and mathematics usually do not mix, but it did not prevent them from sticking together.

Strangely enough, others do not seem to even find it off-putting. Sasori, who at first was shocked to see Tobi always at the art room once the bell signals the end of the school day like he teleported there, became accustomed to seeing Deidara and expecting Tobi to be beside him.

It is like they have always been together, since the start.

If the teachers aren't free to oversee the art students working in the exhibition, they'd spend some time in the library, reading or studying. Sitting back to back, Deidara would study his script for the play and Obito would mull over his textbooks.

Sometimes, they'd enjoy each other's presence long enough for the library to close and force them out. They'd then instead opt to spend their time at the café.

It isn't usually allowed, for them to spend time mostly talking rather than eating, though they do lapse in comforting silences that allow them to finish the meals they have ordered. Obito offered to pay for the two of them most of the time, with Deidara answering with an amused grin and a snide comment wondering if Tobi was flirting with him.

They'd laugh it off and then Obito would walk Deidara home, giving the smaller man a hug before he lets him go, watching the blonde turn in the corner and enter his apartment complex, throwing a glance over his shoulder to watch the Uchiha.

Usually, the sky would be just a shade darker than the striking blue of Deidara's eyes, those same watery eyes would reflect the city lights, causing Tobi to feel expansive and endless, his sky lighting up with the stars he's never seen, forever remaining within those seas that he never realized were his favorite color.

Obito thinks it is some sort of hex. How could it be that two complete strangers could click so easily? But whenever Tobi looks at Deidara's grinning face, whether it be because of something he said or something he overheard at the café, he finds that he doesn't really mind.

Tobi simply hopes that there is the same level of curiosity stemming from Deidara, too. The blonde could be hard to read sometimes, despite always wearing his emotions on his sleeves. He is very expressive, something that Obito notices almost immediately after their talk in the café. It didn't come as something surprising, though.

It seems to be okay, right about now. Deidara tolerates his presence and sometimes even seeks him out, whenever Obito couldn't make it over to the art building due to tests or whatever else that might have held him back. The Zetsu twins don't even question it anymore.

The twins had two completely different reactions at first. Dokuzetsu seemed to be disgusted, while Jozetsu could only spend his time asking useless questions like, "are you dating?"

They learned to shut up after the third time Deidara beat them bloody.

Perhaps it's only the matter of time.

The first impression Obito has of Deidara's studio apartment is that it is very warm, no matter how spacious it is. The artist must have left on a heater or something before he left for school. He wonders idly if his parents would mind if their son is racking up the electricity bill.

He takes a few seconds taking off his extra layers of jackets that he put on that morning to fend off the biting cold winds of the nearing winter, as well as eyeing the place. It looks well enough for a kid who's living on his own since his parents are away on working holiday. There are barely any doors, which makes sense since it's a studio apartment, but it surprises Obito with the lack of privacy save for the toilets.