Re:calling

Obito remembers Deidara.

-

This story is one-year-old. What? (I started writing this on September 11th, 2016.)

-

Although Tobi already knows when and where the art exhibition is going to take place, Deidara still spends his time handing him an invitation card, telling him proudly that he has a hand in creating it.

It certainly looks stylish enough. It's a small, rectangular card with a transparent sheet of plastic in the shape of a circle embedded inside it. The details regarding the exhibition and the name the graduates have chosen for it is printed on the transparent sheet.

And while it's completely unnecessary, because Deidara never lets Tobi forget the date and the principal have already allowed posters to be put up around the school that contains the same information as the invitation card, Tobi still appreciates the gesture.

It was almost cute as he watches Deidara, he's acting like he's shy and wondering aloud if Tobi would even go. Of course, he would go, Obito hadn't even considered an alternative to what he'd be doing on December 8th, anyway.

"Are you hinting that maybe I should go?" Tobi asks in a sing song tune, humming it out as he leans in closer to Deidara, almost accusingly at this point.

"No! Hmm!" Deidara grunts, trying to back away from his friend and sporting quite an impressive shade of red on his cheeks. "I was just wondering, yeah. Ugh, if you're going to be a problem and acting like this during the exhibition, I'd rather you not go! You're going to embarrass me, hm."

"Aw but senpai," Tobi whines, closing in on Deidara easily since he's halfheartedly trying to get away. "Whatever you do, I always want to support you! If I cannot be there, then I cannot do that."

Deidara clicks his tongue, annoyed but doesn't bother to free himself when Tobi wraps his arms around his shoulders, only pretending that he hates it as he frowns. "If you keep doing this, then I won't be able to do anything worthwhile during the exhibition and you won't be able to be proud of me, hmm."

Tobi is fully prepared to tease Deidara even further, but Obito is aware of their surroundings and keeps himself reined in. "It's okay, Deidara," he purrs instead, his voice going just a tad bit more quiet, almost whispering in his ear. "I'm proud of everything you do."

It is then that Deidara struggles in his arms, twisting away and revealing a flushed face. "Weirdo, hmm!" Deidara huffs, crossing his arms once he's a safe distance away from Obito. He cools off pretty soon after that, but it doesn't seem like the pink hue on his cheeks is leaving anytime soon. "Whatever. Come if you want to, hm," he says dismissively, waving his arm and then turning around to head off, probably back to the art room.

Obito takes that as you better show up, or else you're going to get blown to pieces, yeah.

Well, he better not disappoint, then.

The art exhibition isn't as exciting as he thought it would be, though he doesn't know why he thought it would be like a party in the first place. It is like a museum, except the artists aren't famous and the questions they answer are mostly from parents.

It's an open day of sorts, Obito muses as he stands next to one of Deidara's artworks, pretending to admire it but instead making himself feel even more confused. Instead, he eyes the people around him. They're mostly parents who have taken time off work to show up at their kid's show.

Sasori's grandmother and her brother have come to support her grandson, but it seems like Chiyo is very moved by his piece 'Mama and Papa.' It's somehow shocking to Obito that this is the first time she has seen it. With the protective aura surrounding the old woman, Obito thought she would be like his own grandmother, asking about Sasori's school progress whenever she got the chance to.