Alternate version..

The sun had already gone down when Chris and Aviva finally made their way back to the Tortuga HQ to join the others at the bonfire. They were in no particular hurry as they leisurely strolled throughout the forest pathway hand in hand, passing towering coconut palms and other tropical flora. Nearing the stretch of beach where the turtle ship was parked, the pair heard the team long before they saw them; the bell-like chimes of a tambourine mingling with the steady beating of drums and the musical strumming of an acoustic guitar.
"...happy ever after in the market place
Desmond lets the children lend a hand
Molly stays at home and does her pretty face
And in the evening she's a singer with the band,"
Stifling the laughter which threatened to bubble from their lips, the Kratt in green and the Wild Kratts inventor immediately recognized the singer to be Martin.
"What song is that?"asked Aviva incredulously, raising an eyebrow at the unfamiliar and whimsical tune.
"Definitely Obladi Oblada by the Beatles."answered Chris with a chuckle. "One of Martin's favorites."
Oblivious to the approaching couple, the older Kratt sang on. "Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on,"
Seated on another log on the guitarist's right side, Koki and Jimmy Z added rhythm to the song, the Tortuga computer whizz shaking and rattling the tambourine while the pilot's hands gently and steadily drummed upon the bongos in his lap.
"Called it."smirked the younger Kratt triumphantly.
"Figures."replied Aviva with an amused eye roll; this song definitely suited the older yet more free spirited of the two creature adventurers. "Though I gotta admit, he's really good with the guitar."
"That's my bro,"he replied with a proud smile.
"And if you want some fun, sing ob-la-di, bla-da!"
Once the song had concluded, the others dropped their perspective instruments and broke into a round of applause as the blue guitarist took a bow.
"Thank you! You're too kind!"
In that moment, Chris and Aviva decided to step into the firelight to join in the cheering for Martin.
"Way to go, bro!"hollered the younger Kratt as the inventor whooped cheerfully.
"Bravo Martino!"cheered the inventor.
"Chris! Aviva! Glad you guys could finally join us!"called the older Kratt.
"You two sure took your sweet time."the Tortuga pilot remarked as he munched on a bag of potato chips.
"What took y'all so long?"asked Koki wearing a slight smirk, her arms folded. Chris and Aviva only cast knowing glances.
"Oh, you know."replied the young Kratt before he and his girlfriend finished in perfect synchronization, "A stroll along the beach." This caused them to stare at one another in surprise before breaking into laughter. They were already finishing each other's sentences.
"If you say so," replied the computer whizz to the couple with a shrug, deciding not to press the matter further. The two sat on an unoccupied log at Martin's right side where Chris immediately reached for a nearby bag of marshmallows before skewering one over a stick, roasting it over the open fire. "Alright! Marshmallows! Crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside." He then offered some for his girlfriend. "Wanna bite?"
"Muchísimas gracias, Cariño." said the Tortuga inventor sweetly, accepting the ballistic treat as she planted a kiss on Chris' cheek.
"By the way, like the hair, Aviva."complimented the Kratt in blue with a wink. Instead of the usual ponytail, the inventor's curly, chocolate brown hair cascaded freely over her shoulders, adorned with a violet flower behind her right ear.
"That's a good look for you."added JZ with a thumbs up.
"Girl, you should let your hair down more often." Koki remarked.
Aviva flushed red at the compliments as Chris cast her a triumphant smirk. "See? Told ya. You look beautiful," Her blush deepened.
"Thanks." she chirped.
"Now it's your turn, brother O mine!"hollered Martin with a dramatic guitar strum.
"My turn? For what?"asked the younger Kratt, completely clueless.
"To sing a campfire song, ya big dummy!"reminded the Tortuga technician, rattling her tambourine.
"Yeah!"added JZ, drumming his bongos.
"Oh right! Way ahead of you, guys!"the Kratt in green replied with a wink; he already had a song in mind.
"Any requests?"Martin asked, adjusting the strings on his acoustic guitar. The younger Kratt promptly whispered in his brother's ear. "You got it!"the older Kratt nodded, a wide grin upon his face as he began to strum the desired notes upon the stringed instrument.
"Now this song, I want to dedicate to a very special someone."the younger Kratt began, raising himself from his seat. "She's stuck by my side through thick and thin, and supported me in every way possible. She's so talented and passionate in inventing, that it's safe to say that this team would be nothing without her brilliant mind and expertise. This song is dedicated to the greatest scientist in the world... and my best friend."
"Hey!"shouted Martin, feigning offense.
"Other than you, Martin."Chris corrected sheepishly with a chuckle. "This one's for you, Aviva."here he rested his brown eyes firmly upon the inventor, making her gray eyes glow in surprise; she was definitely not expecting a serenade. After clearing his throat, he began.
"She sings to me now and then
Gentle refrains of summer mornings
The first rays of sunlight
And dew-dropped roses
Winds rolling through falling leaves
Whistling in the sycamores
These are her songs of love
She needs to be reassured
of all of the hope you hold for her
And when the lady loves you
Don't ever let it go
Take your world into your arms
And let your feelings show
And she, never will leave
Always these memories will stay with me
And I'll think of her now and then
She, she needs to be reassured
of all of the hope you hold for her
And brother, when the lady loves you
Don't ever let it go
Take your world into your arms
And let your feelings show
And she, never will leave
Always these memories will stay with me
And I'll think of her now and then."
Scarcely had the song ended when the rest of the team burst into a round of applause for Chris, who humbly bowed appreciatively.
In that moment, Aviva was on her feet and rushed to her boyfriend, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"Chris.."she began, her voice thick with emotion, her eyes shedding tears of joy, "did you really mean it?"
"Every word."he replied, rubbing the smalls of her back. "From the bottom of my heart. I love you, Aviva."
"Yo también te amo."
Before too long, claps turned into shouts and whistles.
"Kiss you two!"hollered Martin mischievously. The older creature adventurer was then joined by Koki and Jimmy who eagerly took up the chorus. "Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!"
Chris and Aviva shrugged, exchanging glances. "Let's give them what they want."the inventor whispered in her boyfriend's ear as she grabbed his face, planting her lips against his. Surprised at first, he soon became relaxed into it as he constricted his arms around her waist, deepening the kiss. Soon, much to the pair's slight disappointment, the need for air forced them to part, but they still touched foreheads. For a moment, they were oblivious to either the Tortuga technician's fangirlish squeals or the mischievous claps and whistles from the guys, their eyes solely focused on each other, stormy gray meeting hazel brown.
**** Surprise! Bet y'all didn't see that one coming! This here's only an alternative version of the last chapter, everything else is still the same. This song's called Now And Then, by Kenny Loggins, and it was a request from my good friend LionKingAlex who's a diehard fan of 80's music..
This one's for you, buddy!